Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
Just buy a cheap twin RCA cable and stick with the system you've got.

I'm sure a bit of TLC will produce a reliable working system, certainly something better than a cheap clone system.

You can buy replacement 72 pin connectors from eBay and Amazon (£6.99) That's if cleaning the one you've got, the cartridges and motherboard contacts don't yield reliable results.

Associate
Finally got my 6 switch woody atari working after a mate changed and soldered a capacitor for me. All working great and setup in my gaming room. I then got my harmony sdcard/cartridge working after updating the Eprom and bios to PAL50. Good stuff :)

Soldato
Soldato
Tempted to grab a PS2 Slim for all my older PlayStation needs. The games are super cheap as are the consoles (I think?) probably due to how popular the system was

Wouldn't mind collecting for it, maybe exclusives only or something a bit more niche to make it worth while.

Any tips for PS2s? What to look out for, best connection to a CRT Trinitron TV set?

Underboss
Tempted to grab a PS2 Slim for all my older PlayStation needs. The games are super cheap as are the consoles (I think?) probably due to how popular the system was

Wouldn't mind collecting for it, maybe exclusives only or something a bit more niche to make it worth while.

Any tips for PS2s? What to look out for, best connection to a CRT Trinitron TV set?

you will need a PS2 FAT console for PS1 games, not the slim version

Back
Top Bottom