Retro console and games thread

Associate
I got myself a "new" game for the Mega Drive in the week. I used to love Mega Bomberman when I was a kid but haven't played it in well over 20 years! :D

PbKz9Gzl.jpg

Mega Bomberman is the ONE I've got fond memories as a 6 year old losing to my older brothers constantly in this until 1 day it all turned around & I guess I became a man lol

Associate
We have a new house being built so in the midst of pre-sale decorating and clearing out..... which means I have decided to sell the following:

NhQxeyW.jpg

Fairly sure I will regret it but its been sat unused in a cupboard for years and will likely move to the new house and sit unused some more. It has the
switchless mod I had a friend install many years ago and the cart slot was modified with a clear flap to allow US carts to fit. I also have a replacement
grey section with original flap should anyone have wanted to return it to normal.

Will start deciding what I want for each item and get it listed soon, shame I don't qualify for the market here.

Soldato
I'm the market for an N64 controller (official preferably). There seems to be a good few on eBay, some say they have loose sticks, some say stiff sticks, some don't have any mention of this at all. I'm not in the know about what these controllers should be like, so what am I looking out for? Are loose sticks that bad?

Permabanned
I'm the market for an N64 controller (official preferably). There seems to be a good few on eBay, some say they have loose sticks, some say stiff sticks, some don't have any mention of this at all. I'm not in the know about what these controllers should be like, so what am I looking out for? Are loose sticks that bad?

They are because they are hard to control. Excuse the pun.

Associate
Picked this up a couple weeks back at a charity shop in minty condition, I know its useless but nice shelf piece.

IMG-20210616-200350.jpg

Soldato
It's a shame to lose all these arcade places that once would have thrived in different places. I remember going on holiday to different locations throughout the UK and every destination had an arcade room. Not now. They gone.

There are some venues throughout the UK that have stacks of arcade machines on freeplay where you can get a real feel of those old arcades. Sadly they had to shut due to covid, but hopefully they'll reopen now.
Arcade Club in Bury and Leeds is an example.

Also when they start up again, Play Expo's are great for retrogaming and have large arcade areas and often loads of pinball tables too.

However, I now find that 90% of my arcade retrogaming itch is now satisfied by my home arcade cab, Arcade1Up Star Wars cab, and VR Pinball sims. It's never been more affordable to be able to get the Arcade experience at home (if you have a bit of room and a wife who doesn't mind!).

Back
Top Bottom