• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Return my zotac 3080?

Associate
Hi all. I got my Zotac RTX 3080 trinity oc back in November and I wish now that I returned it back then because I wasn’t happy with the fan noise and the rgb wasn’t working. I paid £850 including postage.

The fans, when running demanding games (with a custom fan curve) is unbearable. I have also an under volt set and my clock are @ 1845mhz no memory oc.

I contacted OCUK yesterday early morning about returning it, either for a different 3080 from another manufacturer or a full refund.

What are the chances that they will do something for me? Has anyone else returned their 3080?

Thanks in advance.

Unless its faulty which with your rgb not working, i think they would take it back. Under the long distance selling regulations you're already way past the date for return under no obligation but for faulty goods it should be fine. Have you checked to see if theres been any bios updates that might amend the fan curves and rgb issues?

Unless its faulty which with your rgb not working, i think they would take it back. Under the long distance selling regulations you're already way past the date for return under no obligation but for faulty goods it should be fine. Have you checked to see if theres been any bios updates that might amend the fan curves and rgb issues?

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I contacted Zotac within the first few days of receiving the card, and they sent me a tool to try and update the bios, however getting it to work is impossible, they actually advised me to send back the card, however due to the sheer shortage of cards, I held off. I can deal with rgb issues, it’s fan noise thats unbearable, especially when you’ve invested ££££ in a pc.

Do you know how long it typically takes OCUK to respond?

I contacted them recently over a faulty GPU thorough customer support forum and got a reply the next day, they are usually quick to respond

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I contacted Zotac within the first few days of receiving the card, and they sent me a tool to try and update the bios, however getting it to work is impossible, they actually advised me to send back the card, however due to the sheer shortage of cards, I held off. I can deal with rgb issues, it’s fan noise thats unbearable, especially when you’ve invested ££££ in a pc.

Do you know how long it typically takes OCUK to respond?
Did you leave a webnote or did you post in the CS section?

Webnote as far as im aware can take upto 24 hours, CS section is usually very quick within a few hours.

So it looks like I’m not getting a refund/exchange. OCUK are offering to send it back to Zotac for repair. I really hope whatever they do, improves the temps and noise from the fans.

I may have to change out my front mounted aio cpu cooler to install additional fans to improve air flow. Unfortunately it can’t be mounted above the motherboard.

This will be my last Zotac product, just feels like I overpaid for a poor product.

but thanks for the advice guys.

So it looks like I’m not getting a refund/exchange. OCUK are offering to send it back to Zotac for repair. I really hope whatever they do, improves the temps and noise from the fans.

I may have to change out my front mounted aio cpu cooler to install additional fans to improve air flow. Unfortunately it can’t be mounted above the motherboard.

This will be my last Zotac product, just feels like I overpaid for a poor product.

but thanks for the advice guys.

I hope you get it sorted. Worse case scenario you could watercool it, either via a NZXT AIO or a full block and custom loop, if you’re confident doing so.

I have the same card. If you've set a custom fan curve then it must be reaching the temp you have at what ever RPM is set at. What temperature is it and fan speed set at? HAve anything above the GPU fans? Does the GPU have a feed of cold air from a case fan? You run positive/negative case pressure, CPU on AIO or air cooled? Either a poorly ventilated case - what have you got or that the GPU get hots due to mis manufacture or iffy thermal compound application.

These 3080's do chuck out some heat as they have a high power draw. I had to move my case fans around to get the correct cooling when I went from 1080ti to 3080.

I have the same card. If you've set a custom fan curve then it must be reaching the temp you have at what ever RPM is set at. What temperature is it and fan speed set at? HAve anything above the GPU fans? Does the GPU have a feed of cold air from a case fan? You run positive/negative case pressure, CPU on AIO or air cooled? Either a poorly ventilated case - what have you got or that the GPU get hots due to mis manufacture or iffy thermal compound application.

These 3080's do chuck out some heat as they have a high power draw. I had to move my case fans around to get the correct cooling when I went from 1080ti to 3080.

Playing Metro Exodus for an hour my temps reach 75 degrees C. I use the custom msi fan curve and have undervolted the card also.

Im using the Be Quiet 500dx and my cpu aio is the NZXT kraken z63 (280mm) It’s front mounted in a push configuration with the fans set to performance to push as much air inside the case.

I have two exhaust fans, one at the rear and another fan above the gpu.

I set my max fan speed to 70% and the temps jumped to 82 degrees c. And there was noticeable artifacting, whenever I moved the camera there was like a smearing trail, which made me think the card was over heating.

Think I need to get more air inside the case meaning selling my cpu aio, as I can’t mount it above the motherboard unfortunately.

Playing Metro Exodus for an hour my temps reach 75 degrees C. I use the custom msi fan curve and have undervolted the card also.

Im using the Be Quiet 500dx and my cpu aio is the NZXT kraken z63 (280mm) It’s front mounted in a push configuration with the fans set to performance to push as much air inside the case.

I have two exhaust fans, one at the rear and another fan above the gpu.

I set my max fan speed to 70% and the temps jumped to 82 degrees c. And there was noticeable artifacting, whenever I moved the camera there was like a smearing trail, which made me think the card was over heating.

Think I need to get more air inside the case meaning selling my cpu aio, as I can’t mount it above the motherboard unfortunately.

Heh, I have be quiet 900 pro and same CPU AIO. Same position too. Though I have push/pull set up on mineto draw more air through radiator so cooler air for GPU.

Saw another thread with Zotac fans and you need to do that BIOS update as there were issues with ramping fans etc. Oh I see your LED thread. I did reply on my oddities when installing firestorm requiring COLD reboot. I think if you can't update the BIOS then you'll have to return the card as the fan issues are solved with that BIOS. Mine went 1st time.

I imagine you could get at least what you paid for it if you sell it now. Crazy times! Finding an immediate replacement alternative won’t be easy or cheap though. Let’s hope things get better later this year.

Take the sides off your case and run it with some games to see if the temperature drops. If it doesn't then you're likely wasting your time shifting your case fans around.

75C isn't overly hot for a GPU. If it's too loud at 75C then it's probably down to fan design and there's not much you can do about that. My FE sits at around 71C and the fan noise is fine.

I would disregard the advice regarding BIOS updates because you can change the fan curve with Afterburner, it's much easier to tweak.

I would disregard the advice regarding BIOS updates because you can change the fan curve with Afterburner, it's much easier to tweak.

A BIOS update that is known to solve the problem? What a stupid piece of advice to disregard a fix. The fix is because 55% fan in the BIOS is actually 100%, so the newer BIOS updates the fan profiles so that software such as afterburner sets the correct percentage.

Still, you know more about a card you don't own.

A BIOS update that is known to solve the problem? What a stupid piece of advice to disregard a fix. The fix is because 55% fan in the BIOS is actually 100%, so the newer BIOS updates the fan profiles so that software such as afterburner sets the correct percentage.

Still, you know more about a card you don't own.

He already said he's struggling to apply the BIOS fix, but thanks anyway for the personal insults and completely disproportionate reply. Couldn't you just have provided the information regarding the fix and left it at that?

He already said he's struggling to apply the BIOS fix, but thanks anyway for the personal insults and completely disproportionate reply. Couldn't you just have provided the information regarding the fix and left it at that?

The OP has many threads regarding his Zotac and the information has been given in another thread. What's insulting is for someone to come along and tell the OP to disregard a fix and apply something he has done already. You hypocrite telling people to just post their fix, you could have done that without telling them to ignore other advice! LOL!

I've got the Zotac 3080 and have been pretty underwhelmed with its performance (compared to other 3080's) the fan noise is pretty loud when air cooled (this is in a O11 case with plenty of air flow) and even after putting a waterblock on it performance is still average, not much of an overclocker but not surprising given the poor PCB design...

If I could get another card and sell this one I would but I'm not complaining too much as atleast I got a 3080 when they launched

Back
Top Bottom