Return to Monkey Island

Man of Honour
This is either going to be the greatest thing ever or a complete car crash - there isn't really much room for anything else.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Despite being 37 this year I have never played a Monkey Island game. I was never really a fan of point-and-click games (although loved Full Throttle, fond memories with my late father, which was also my first experience of a trackball mouse :D).

For those worried, they're only just promoting it the same year it releases. This is generally a good thing, less hype more and faith in the product.

Associate
OP
Oh nice one! I just finished playing through CoMI again yesterday. Totally agree with @Rroff on this one - please don’t mess it up!

Apparently Ron Gilbert already had his own vision for a trilogy never envisioned because he wasn't involved in curse. He was chiefly behind Monkey Island 1 + 2 well now he's getting his chance to make the third game and I guess he will have it aligned to the ending of LeChuck's Revenge.

Soldato
Absolutely love Monkey Island. This is a definite buy for me. I'm assuming Disney must have been uncharacteristically lenient with the rights?

Soldato
Grew up on the first two on my Amiga 500, even made friends at school who were further behind than me so I was able to help them.

Took me years to complete both, but that was without access to the Internet back then and only small hints in gaming mags :D.

Looking forward to this one! I just hope Ron has a lot of freedom and we all get to play it together without hints or an online guide for the first few days at least.

Associate
Remember the original on the Amiga, so many disks. I tried to very quietly swap disks late at night on a school night, trying not to wake my parents. Eventually I did wake them and my Amiga power-pack was removed at bed time.

Back
Top Bottom