rickjames the n00b

Soldato
Okay my approx daily diet:
Morning: 3 boiled eggs
Mid-morning: 2 scoops of whey, 1 scoop creatine and a generous scoop of oats
Pre-gym: banana
Post-gym: 1.5 chicken breasts, with salad (today boiled egg, cous cous, lettuce, cucumber and tomato; with a bit of Mayo)
Late afternoon: protein bar because they're my down fall
Dinner: 10oz rump steak with salad (carbs usually from couscous or potato etc)
Pre-bed: 1 scoop of whey with some oats

I usually have a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter as well, once in the morning and once in the evening, as I always have the munchies :D

Soldato
OP
Is whey/creatine necessary at this point? Must say that that is a fair bit of food, if anything I could imagine being ill eating so much. With dinner often I'll throw in some rice/sweet potato as well

Soldato
Mate I'm craving food after each meal still, it's not as much as it sounds when you tally it all up. Whey is a supplement to your protein, it never reaches a point of being "necessary", it's a choice to use it or not. I currently live with the in-laws and I supplement so they don't see me constantly eating and think I'm some obsessed bodybuilder type :p

You need to write your diet in to MyFitnessPal or whatever the cool kids use now a days, you might be surprised how little protein you're getting, and that'll certainly hold you back.

Soldato
OP
My MFP logging has me meeting my supposed calorie intake most days, but yeah, missing protein mostly. Any recommendations on a whey protein to use?

Gonna Google at making my own protein bars, pretty decent baker so making something there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Man of Honour
My MFP logging has me meeting my supposed calorie intake most days, but yeah, missing protein mostly. Any recommendations on a whey protein to use?

Gonna Google at making my own protein bars, pretty decent baker so making something there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Whey brotein is whey brotein... Just get the stuff that suits your budget and taste buds.

But then, I use soy brotein, so probably can't comment. :D

Soldato
OP
Workout A 19/11/15

Squats 2x5 @20KG, 1x3 @ 30KG, 5x5 @ 42.5KG

Bench Press 2x5 @ 20KG, 5x5 @ 30KG

Barbell Row 5x5 @ 40KG

3rd week down. Squats getting a little tiresome at the end but managed to pull through and carry on. Hey ho.

Soldato
OP
Workout B 22/11/15

Squats 2x5 @ 20KG, 1X3 @ 30KG, 5x5@ 45KG

OHP 5X5 @ 27.5KG

Deadlift 1x5 @ 60KG

Starting to feel it the squats now, that's for sure. Relived to get the OHP down this time, took 3 minutes between each set to see if it would help which it did a little, but again those last few reps...phew.

Soldato
OP
Workout A 24/11/15

Squats 2x5 @20KG, 1x3 @ 32.5KG, 5x5 @ 47.5KG

Bench Press 2x5 @ 20KG, 5x5 @ 32.5KG

Barbell Row 5x5 @ 42.5KG

Squats in particular are naturally coming harder, seems like I've pushed up in weight quite quickly when you consider this as the end of week 4.

Had a nap after work tonight and was getting rather tempted to sack it off and do Mon/Wed/Fri in the mornings what with having a job with 9-5, but persevered and went in. Ah, good old willpower. Also ordered a kilo of chocolate whey to help with the protein intake, maybe make some bars out of it and see what happens...

Soldato
Good lad consciously upping your protein and not ignoring it :) makes the world of difference.

I actually filmed some light squats from behind for you, but was at the end of my leg workout and the butt wink was quite evident as a result.

Soldato
OP
I hope so, we'll see what happens! Might have to start buying 6 pint cartons of milk.

With squats I'm definitely feeling my butt working more as the weights go up, also it's naturally quite hard to go down slowly as suggested. Still OK to do it for now, 4 weeks from 20kg to 50kg still seems mad...

Soldato
OP
Workout B 27/11/15

Squats 2x5 @ 20KG, 1X3 @ 35KG, 5x5@ 50KG

OHP 2X5 @ 20KG, 5/5/5/4/4 @ 30KG

Deadlift 1x5 @ 65KG

Last two OHP killing me again, there's just zero in the tank to lift it properly before I just rack the bar back up. ARGH.

Soldato
OP
Don't think anything will ever stop my playing football; broke two of my fingers back in March and still played on for another hour and a half before going to the hospital. Funnily enough I have a pretty hectic week coming up also, so resting it up is fine with me, might even do me good.

On a more positive note my whey arrived this morning, huzzah.

Soldato
OP
Right, so we start again from scratch after being away for so long. Hauling your arse over there for the first one is always the hardest...

Workout A 9/1/16

Squats 5x5 @ 20KG
Bench Press 5x5 @ 20KG
Barbell Row 5x5 @ 30kg

Right shoulder felt a bit off during BP but other than that, fine. I'll take some videos again of my form over the next week or so, I wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong again.

Also getting back into the MFP habit; sitting here drinking a shake. These chocolate ones from MyProtein are bloody eurgh! Maybe cookies and cream next time...

Back
Top Bottom