Rift £200 off

Associate
Got a couple of hours to myself so I have set the Rift up and with no problems. I am really impressed with it and its much much better than the Samsung Gear VR 2. Everything is so clear and have done the robot thing first and everything looks real and he tells you off if you do the wrong thing. Will hopefully spend about 20mins each day to get used to it. The only thing is I cannot change the background in the first screen? and how do I get into the main settings ie, sound etc using the controller?. If anyone is thinking of getting the Rift and can afford it then go for it. I have lots of things I want to try out but I will take my time until I get used to it. Many thanks.

There are only two environments right now, you switch between them using the "Environments" icon rightmost on the bottom row. Requires Oculus Home to be restarted to be effective.

Oculus settings screen you can get to using the Xbox button on the controller, or the Oculus button on the touch controllers (or the remote, if you have it).

Associate
I'm a terrible person (or just lazy). Haven't even tried mine yet :o,is the account you can set up online at the oculus site the same one you can sign in with during first setup? Watched a video on setup but would rather have the oculus account already setup before i start messing about.

Associate
Hi Again, visitors are away visiting so have had time to get involved with new Rift, tried the Google Earth and what an experience even the wife was enthralled (Considering she was not buying into this tech) and we went to places we have been before. I also tried a couple of the demo's just to give me time to get used to it. So far no problems with my eyes and no sickness. The demo's were brilliant and well thought out, again if anyone is thinking of getting a Rift do so and I'm no expert but it certainly is worth it at the sale price. I have two young Grandkids over and there is no way I want them to know about this tech, the headset is behind my superwidescreen monitor and the controls behind a box.

Associate
Thanks for all your help and information now have the Steam VR working and ran Project Cars 2 very impressed inside and outside the car but the wife thinks its too fast, me I love the speed but the scenery is fantastic. Also ran a part of Batman VR and the beginning where his parents get shot is very effective and off course Alfred the Butler. Kids are coming back and the hardware back in its hiding place until later. There is no way their little eyes are getting near the set-up and I can explore more when they return home but I love them to bits.

Associate
WOW!! Finally just got around to setting up (the headset and one sensor for now,bit too late to mess about).Almost felt like i was gonna fall forward when the sensor started that scanning thing it does.

Had a quick go of that intro thing and was quite surprised, although some of the text looked a bit soft.That T-Rex can **** right off :eek: (I'd seen it in videos but nothing prepared me for that) and the Oculus home looks awsome.Deffo need more of a play.

Is it going to be ok if i put one of the sensors or the headset into a USB 3.1 port?

Associate
I have my headset running of a USB 3.1 port. No problem here. Although i have seen Oculus say that there can be problems on some boards with running from the 3.1 controller.

Permabanned
Was watching rick and morty with some Americans in Bigscreen. Played pretty well considering it was streaming from someone.

This is sooo the future. It's crazy to think how good this is going to get.

Also set my sensors diagonally pointing at each other and skipped the bit where it says they're too far apart and it works well in full 3d mode on robot recall.

Soldato
Not letting your kids play with it doesnt help the format. My kids loved it when I had the DK2 and they told their mates and two of the Dad's went and bought the retail kit because of it. That's two sales there that wouldnt have been done unless I had let me kids have a go. More sales could have come from that. Word of mouth on this thing is only way its going to expand.

Associate
Finally after much faff, my order has gone thorugh with Oculus and as sat at 'Processing for shipping'

When I last enquired about the order they decied to put a hold on it as I said that I was thinking about cancelling and moving to someone who had stock in...then the card that I put in for payment expired too.

Hopefully will get shipped tomorrow and will be with me monday or tuesday next week.

Does anyone know what sort of packaging it comes in? Is it a standard plain borwn box that can be snuck into a house without alerting people what is inside it......and also how long does the shipping usually take from them?

Soldato
Does anyone know what sort of packaging it comes in? Is it a standard plain borwn box that can be snuck into a house without alerting people what is inside it......and also how long does the shipping usually take from them?

The box is plain and contains the pretty Oculus-branded box inside, suspended and covered in plastic. At least that's how OcUK delivered it, and the brown box contained no Haribo ( :( ) so I'm guessing that's the 'OEM' box/straight from Oculus.

Permabanned
The box is plain and contains the pretty Oculus-branded box inside, suspended and covered in plastic. At least that's how OcUK delivered it, and the brown box contained no Haribo ( :( ) so I'm guessing that's the 'OEM' box/straight from Oculus.

Yeah I'd agree. Very indiscreet. I had to double check the address to make sure I hadn't got a neighbours new bed linen or something.

Associate
Finally after much faff, my order has gone thorugh with Oculus and as sat at 'Processing for shipping'

When I last enquired about the order they decied to put a hold on it as I said that I was thinking about cancelling and moving to someone who had stock in...then the card that I put in for payment expired too.

Hopefully will get shipped tomorrow and will be with me monday or tuesday next week.

Well......my order is still sat at 'Processing for shipping'. Think they moved it on just to shut me up.

Associate
Well......my order is still sat at 'Processing for shipping'. Think they moved it on just to shut me up.

Hope there's some movement soon mate.

I've had mine a week today and words can't express how impressed I have been with it! The crazy thing is that I think I've only scratched the surface... Robo Recall is amazing but Bigscreen really caught me off guard. It's insanely immersive just sat in a virtual cinema chatting with other VR users! :D

Associate
Young Visitors are now back home in Germany and they still did not find the Rift even though it was'nt hidden. Had a bit more time with the Rift now and it keeps getting better. Easy to set-up and the controllers are brilliant. So impressed with Google Earth, Batman, Lone Echo, Apollo 11,Dead n Buried,Robo Recall (Best of the lot), Mission ISS inside the space station, even Lucky's Tale (Looks like its for older kids) but very well done and its a jumper. Still a long way to go for other things but taking my time. Do wish I had the Rift a long time ago.

Soldato
Young Visitors are now back home in Germany and they still did not find the Rift even though it was'nt hidden. Had a bit more time with the Rift now and it keeps getting better. Easy to set-up and the controllers are brilliant. So impressed with Google Earth, Batman, Lone Echo, Apollo 11,Dead n Buried,Robo Recall (Best of the lot), Mission ISS inside the space station, even Lucky's Tale (Looks like its for older kids) but very well done and its a jumper. Still a long way to go for other things but taking my time. Do wish I had the Rift a long time ago.

Robo Recall is one of my favourites too :) As soon as you get comfortable with it, you should go to the VR names thread and put your Steam ID and Oculus ID on the list and join then OCUKVR steam group. Multiplayer on VR is awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom