1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rig/Cruncher images and specs......

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by Area 51, Aug 3, 2010.

1. hanluc

Wise Guy

We have the Boinc Pentathlon starting on the 5th of June, any help there would be appreciated. There's also Formula boinc which is an on going yearly competition. We have threads for both.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

You still running this monster? love to see more pics, tut for leaving the thread unfinished lol

3. hanluc

Wise Guy

Here's my main rig
    Thought I'd take a pic as I am just about to upgrade the CPUs in it.

[​IMG]

4. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

Fom what to what? :confused:

5. hanluc

Wise Guy

From 2 x E5-2695v3 ES 28c/56t 2.5 ghz
    To 2 x E5-2696v3 oem 36c/72t 2.8 ghz

The only downside now is that it won't play well on Windows, anything over 64 threads and the NUMA assignment is messed up, I either have to switch HT off or run it in Linux, which I'll try to do most of the time.

The original plan was to build another machine. I ordered the chips, *then* checked RAM prices :eek: they have doubled since I last bought them, the Corsair 64 GB kit that I already have now costs £690! Also the same MB is now £100 dearer. Put me right off, so I have just upgraded for now. I'll sit the the 2695s Xeons and if prices fall I build a rig out of them, if not they'll go on the bay.

6. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

Hmmmm, wish i had a multi xeon system to play with tho as you say prices have gone up too much, maybe next year