RIP MS Paint (Please remain RESPECTFUL!)

Soldato
No lets be very clear - you said the point was that windows 10s cant run chrome. It can, if the chromium devs want to make a secure fully sandboxed version of chrome.

But no, Asim, this thread is not about windows. it's not about 'crapps', its not about you ranting about Microsoft's latest 'virus'. It's about MS paint and nothing else. SO no, i dont want other example and no i don't care what can and cant be run on windows 10S. If i did care, and i bought the hardware that shipped with it, then i'd probably pay the extra £40 or whatever it is to upgrade to windows 10 pro.

Yes i said that windows 10 cant run chrome, but that doesn't magically mean its limited to chrome lol. MPC is another example. The fact that i initially used chrome as an example doesnt magically mean things like MPC, MS Paint, Solitare cant be valid examples. What a silly argument lol.

Yes this is a thread about the death of ms paint but that doesnt mean i cant discuss the reason why ms paint is now dead, its because it had to be replaced with its app counterpart. Same thing happened with solitaire back with win 8.

Just because thread isnt explicitly about the actual deeper issues, doesnt mean i have to retard myself to please people, and stop myself from identyfying and recognising the deeper issues and causal factors leading to the death of paint, as well as potential future ramifications.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes i said that windows 10 cant run chrome, but that doesn't magically mean its limited to chrome lol. MPC is another example. The fact that i initially used chrome as an example doesnt magically mean things like MPC, MS Paint, Solitare cant be valid examples. What a silly argument lol.

Yes this is a thread about the death of ms paint but that doesnt mean i cant discuss the reason why ms paint is now dead, its because it had to be replaced with its app counterpart. Same thing happened with solitaire back with win 8.

Just because thread isnt explicitly about the actual deeper issues, doesnt mean i have to retard myself to please people, and stop myself from identyfying and recognising the deeper issues and causal factors leading to the death of paint, as well as potential future ramifications.

I'm not asking you to retard yourself, i'm asking you to stay on topic or stop posting. Very simple.

Paint isnt dead, hasn't died, wont die. It's moving to the app store and has been replaced with paint 3d. It's not really a big deal.

Soldato
indeed, complaining about the limitations of an operating system that's intentionally designed to be locked down and limited, that's an impressive stance.

Yeah you clearly have no idea whats going on. Its not that its locked down, Its 'why' its locked down. So microsoft can serve spyware and adware and milk more money from YOU through apps that have been adfree for decades.

Man this new generation of app kids have no idea what Windows is/was lol.

What next, people will bend over more and say theres nothing wrong with remotely installing crapps like facebook and candy crush on your system to fake the amount of app installs they have lmao.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not asking you to retard yourself, i'm asking you to stay on topic or stop posting. Very simple.

Paint isnt dead, hasn't died, wont die. It's moving to the app store and has been replaced with paint 3d. It's not really a big deal.

Of course its on topic. Old paint wont run on new Windows S. Of course windows S is related.

Soldato
It's moving to the app store. Yes it will.
Old paint isnt available in app store. Therefore, No it wont run on windows S. Now you're just lying.

If old paint isnt dead and is simply "moving to the app store" then why is there a massive thread entitled "rip ms paint" lol??

Man of Honour
No idea what a snipping tool is, just printscreen and save as a jpeg in paint easy :D

It's been around since Windows Vista, how have you not heard of it?!

It removes the need to print screen and paste into a program then save it as an image or whatever. Just run snipping tool and save whatever area of screen you want in whatever shape. It's so simple even my nan could do it if she were still alive, may my nan RIP.

Just pin snipping tool to your task bar and away you go.

Old paint isnt available in app store. Therefore, No it wont run on windows S. Now you're just lying.

If old paint isnt dead and is simply "moving to the app store" then why is there a massive thread entitled "rip ms paint" lol??

Yo who the hell actually cares about Windows 10 S? This thread is the first thread I've heard it mentioned on this forum so far.

Is there going to be a "non issue of the year award" here? I nominate asim :D

Chill Winston.

Last edited:
Soldato
ASIM18 said:

Am i ASIM? BOLD claim.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#OHJV28Q4ogBSFfla.97

MS Paint fans rejoice: The original art app isn’t going anywhere – except to the Windows Store for free!

0f116287d209fc79a643be841b1d06c7.jpg

Today, we’ve seen an incredible outpouring of support and nostalgia around MS Paint. If there’s anything we learned, it’s that after 32 years, MS Paint has a lot of fans. It’s been amazing to see so much love for our trusty old app. Amidst today’s commentary around MS Paint we wanted to take this opportunity to set the record straight, clear up some confusion and share some good news:

MS Paint is here to stay, it will just have a new home soon, in the Windows Store where it will be available for free.

Paint 3D – the new app for creativity, also available for free with the Windows 10 Creators Update, will continue to get new feature updates. In addition to the new 3D capabilities, many of the MS Paint features people know and love like photo editing, line and curve tools, and 2D creation are in Paint 3D.

So, thanks for all the MS Paint love, keep the feedback coming via the Paint 3D app, and keep creating!

ASIM18 said:

you tell me :rolleyes:

Soldato
Make sure you stash a copy of it's files somewhere so you don't loose it when MS release the update to remove it :D

Otherwise you will need to use the dreadful store to get it back (which I completely removed from my machine lol).

Paint is good because it's simple and loads instantly. I bet "paint 3D" won't be as light.

Soldato

Ill tell you. That article was posted at 8pm last night AFTER all the outcry lol. The fact they've packaged paint.exe into an app doesn't invalidate my point at all, in fact it reinforces it.

Why not just allow paint to exist as an exe then???

They've literally turned paint into an app just so it can run on win s because the old one didn't. Great for microsoft, not so great for thousands of other software devs. Like mpc.

Soldato
Ill tell you. That article was posted at 8pm last night AFTER all the outcry lol. The fact they've packaged paint.exe into an app doesn't invalidate my point at all, in fact it reinforces it.

Why not just allow paint to exist as an exe then???

They've literally turned paint into an app just so it can run on win s because the old one didn't.

It was a response to the negative feedback, of course it was posted after the feedback :CONFUSED: I posted in this thread after they released the blog update, so I wasn't lying.

Where's my apology, ASIM?

Soldato
Make sure you stash a copy of it's files somewhere so you don't loose it when MS release the update to remove it :D

Otherwise you will need to use the dreadful store to get it back (which I completely removed from my machine lol).

Paint is good because it's simple and loads instantly. I bet "paint 3D" won't be as light.

Wow theyre removing the exe with an update? Thats news to me, just proves they are trying to doctor app store charts.

Back
Top Bottom