RIP Windows Phone

Soldato
the key word is may

all this talk about WP is dead or not dead as been going on for years

i don't see the point of this until MS comes out and says they are finishing with WP and not doing anymore updates, closing the app store for WP...

as i said before i have a s2, s5, android tv and soon a s6 edge plus or s7 edge, i have nothing against Android, because i do like it.. but what my point is I prefer WP UI looks and feel, as it's the easiest I've used in terms how i interface /control the phone . it's a personally thing

iOS fan and user here so by all means burn me, but to me, the beauty of android is how customisable it is, have you looked into downloading a launcher and using a win phone lookalike one?

Soldato
iOS fan and user here so by all means burn me, but to me, the beauty of android is how customisable it is, have you looked into downloading a launcher and using a win phone lookalike one?

Does a Launcher create the theme and same transitions etc through all the menus on the phone messaging Email etc?

Soldato
iOS fan and user here so by all means burn me,
i wouldn't do that mate. I'm not like some in here. if you like/prefer IOS for whatever reason, good for you, that's your choice.
the beauty of android is how customisable it is, have you looked into downloading a launcher and using a win phone lookalike one?
no i haven't. but the point is why are some basically saying go with android and custom by download XYZ to add whatever feature or download XYZ to change the look. even tho that person as a WP and as the look and feel of is what they like and does everything what that person wants

Last edited:
Soldato
no i haven't. but the point is why are some basically saying go with android and custom by download XYZ to add whatever feature or download XYZ to change the look. even tho that person as a WP and as the look and feel of is what they like and does everything what that person wants

Because not everyone can understand that a different product might suit someone else's needs over a product they might consider superior.

Caporegime
the key word is may

all this talk about WP is dead or not dead as been going on for years

i don't see the point of this until MS comes out and says they are finishing with WP and not doing anymore updates, closing the app store for WP...

as i said before i have a s2, s5, android tv and soon a s6 edge plus or s7 edge, i have nothing against Android, because i do like it.. but what my point is I prefer WP UI looks and feel, as it's the easiest I've used in terms how i interface /control the phone . it's a personally thing

I don't think Microsoft would say "It's dead"
My Surface 2's dead, but it still gets "updates" and the store's still there (Albeit crap).

I've been wanting to move to WP for ages, but when it comes down to it, I just get a flagship Android for the many reasons mentioned here.

Caporegime
In Q2 (mid) 2012 Symbian had 4.4% market share. 6 months later Nokia officially killed it.

Windows Mobile has NEVER had as much as 4.4% market share.

In the world I live in, 'things' that perform in the market the way WP has, are dead.

Soldato
It's actually looking like Windows Phone is now the sensible choice: the alternatives are the high-handed Apple who will brick your phone if you have to have emergency repairs done, or the virus-infested, easily hacked, Android.

Soldato
It's actually looking like Windows Phone is now the sensible choice: the alternatives are the high-handed Apple who will brick your phone if you have to have emergency repairs done, or the virus-infested, easily hacked, Android.

Ha ha, that's quite an amusing post. Glad to see it's still an entertaining thread. I thought everyone was going sensible for a little while there.

Soldato

Yep indeed there are literally millions of people walking around with bricked iphones and everyone in history who has owned an Android has been hacked and contracted a virus.

So yes Windows phone is the sensible choice if you don't want hacked bricked with the flu.

Back
Top Bottom