Rise of the triad, The 2014 Area 51

Soldato
OP
They're lovely solid fans and for a fiver each they were a no brainer. I really like the silicon covers too.

Edit. Forgot to say the project is on hold for a couple of days. Corsair braided cables are pretty much not removable and I've snapped one from the pin and it won't come out so I am going to get the cables I need to be shorter custom made.

Associate
They're lovely solid fans and for a fiver each they were a no brainer. I really like the silicon covers too.

Edit. Forgot to say the project is on hold for a couple of days. Corsair braided cables are pretty much not removable and I've snapped one from the pin and it won't come out so I am going to get the cables I need to be shorter custom made.

better wait then hurry and do it the right way. you are making good progress

Soldato
OP
Cheers Deano. Well I had a bit of luck it seems. Apparently the AX1200 EPS cable has a 8 pin PCIE connector at the PSU side and a regular 8 pin EPS connector on the end. So I took out some old cables I have and managed to make the 8 pin EPS I needed (the one I broke) so I am now pretty much ready to fit the PSU.

Will probably do it tonight or tomorrow :)

Soldato
OP
I've done about the best I could in there. The cables are very long and there are only a couple of anchor points to hold them down.

Nice thing is there's no whine any more :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks man. Yeah, it really is a million times better in there. I still have to do something with the wires from the side panel edge connector but that shouldn't be too hard :)

I've had some good clocks out of it too, 4.6 bench and 4.4 solid. Very happy :)

I will try and get some proper pics of it when the sun comes out, it's been very dark the last couple of days.

Associate
Thanks man. Yeah, it really is a million times better in there. I still have to do something with the wires from the side panel edge connector but that shouldn't be too hard :)

I've had some good clocks out of it too, 4.6 bench and 4.4 solid. Very happy :)

I will try and get some proper pics of it when the sun comes out, it's been very dark the last couple of days.

Have you thought about an acrylic PSU cover that extends all the way across until its under the radiator? That would look sweet and majority of the cables would be hidden inside it.

Back
Top Bottom