Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Soldato
OP
Not played it for a few weeks but I enjoyed the majority of maps in HotW.

Told a friend about using manual bolting, he'd been playing it for years but never knew!

Associate
I don't buy games often but was looking to purchase BF1 later this year however with this one thrown into the mix I may well end up purchasing this as at the moment I prefer how this game is looking.

Associate
I'm very conflicted on this one, might wait it out and see how things go around launch time.

After the support that I received in the forums at the launch of RO2 & Rising Storm I'm very weary about jumping straight in.

Soldato
First time watching a stream, wouldn't bother if RO2 and RS hadn't been ****ing brilliant.

Hopefully they dont ruin the series, can't imagine they will.

Caporegime
Gameplay looks epic, but god them graphics are gash by today's standard.

Give me gameplay over pretty shiny graphics any day of the week, this isn't BF 1/battlefront :p I don't think the graphics are too bad, certainly puts mafia 3 too shame anyway :o

Can't wait for this.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm not sure why they chose an old engine.

Quote from PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN from Antimatter Games.

Yes, we're still using Unreal Engine 3. When we started on this project, UE4 was announced but not available, plus by building off the base framework already created for RO2, it has let us spend more time iterating on the gameplay side of things and less on building a new framework from the ground up, which is particularly important for us as this is the first time the RO franchise has stepped outside the comfort of WW2 into an era of automatic weapons and more modern technology. i.e. We get to spend more time making sure that the Vietnam theatre works in an RO context without breaking the gameplay, and less time on things like building a scoreboard, again. Plus, it means we can finish the game about 2-3 years sooner than we otherwise would.

As far as porting is concerned, no, we won't. It's by no means a simple thing to port between engines, as UE4 differs significantly.

Makes perfect sense really.

Permabanned
Media Update - Loach Instrument Panel

Hello everyone! At PAX we talked about flyable helicopters for the first time. Today we want to give you a look at how that will look for the pilot. Our WebM today covers the Loach instrument panel on a WIP map and testing environment (the game is still WIP, remember?) to give you a closer look at this in action. And the section at the end - that is rotor pitch, for the helicopter nerds!

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/102116/Loach.webm

(and http://media.tripwirecdn.com/102116/Loach.mp4 for mobile users)

We will have more to share with you all as we gear up for the beta stage of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Stay tuned for additional information!

Soldato
I've played RO2 for over 150 hours now but I feel like if Tripwire do not improve the graphics much for Rising Storm 2 then I won't be buying, I know gameplay is more important but I dislike playing games that look very outdated from release.

Back
Top Bottom