• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA Offering of B-Grade cards seems wrong

Soldato
Please show me where I said you didn't? I was simply clarifying the actual facts on warranty replacements.

Though this does seem to imply you would expect a new replacement.

After a measly 6 months and you have to have a used scratched model? No thanks.
Assumptions are the greatest of all **** ups.

Associate
3. You may wait, but the outcome is very unlikely to change, as we don't enforce our customers to wait for replacements, our internal processing of items back to our suppliers has also changed, meaning when we have to send items back to repair centres, we can consolidate the shipments, this however takes longer for us to do, how long exactly varies. So generally we make the offers of the B-grade items as its the best option available.
I dont understand this. So, the OPs card could just be sitting in the warehouse, waiting for other KFA2 cards to come in, so that OCUK can save on shipping costs?

Associate
OP
Which is why the OP should be engaging directly via email replies.

I am awaiting a reply by email. I just reached out here initially because I was concerned about the offer I had received where the details of warranty etc were not made clear. I'm certainly planning to ensure that my personal support case has every important piece of information in writing.

OcUK Staff
I am awaiting a reply by email. I just reached out here initially because I was concerned about the offer I had received where the details of warranty etc were not made clear. I'm certainly planning to ensure that my personal support case has every important piece of information in writing.
If you DM me your ticket ref, I can pick it up for you.

Soldato
Assumptions are the greatest of all **** ups.

Instead of the snippy pointless comments maybe you should clarify what you mean then. Because I'm reading this as a whine about getting a used replacement

After a measly 6 months and you have to have a used scratched model? No thanks.

Soldato
I'd be concerned if I had for example a GPU with 5 years warranty, and it went fault 2 years in and I then ended up with 2 years 90 days warranty. That would be very concerning when buying a GPU brand new.

Associate
I'd be concerned if I had for example a GPU with 5 years warranty, and it went fault 2 years in and I then ended up with 2 years 90 days warranty. That would be very concerning when buying a GPU brand new.
I think the OCUK have clarified the 90 day part now (you get the remaing warranty).
Some of this seems to be poor communication from OCUK.

Still, as already mentioned if someone bought a 4090 and paid £100s more for a Asus Strix, Gigabyte Waterforce, or MSI Suprim Liquid etc. I imagine they would not be happy with a total budget model. That's hardly like for like, and if I had paid such a premium I would rather take my chances with the AIB warranty process.

But anyway, the returns department should sort out what they write in their email as what was sent and what was clarified is quiet different.

Soldato
A lot of daft responses here saying the OP is entitled to a brand new card, no they aren't necessarily. The warranty terms may vary and could state they are entitled to a like for like replacement where possible and that the replacement may be a refurbished item. You are not automatically entitled to a brand new replacement, just a like for like under any warranty. It is just sometimes easier to replace with new stock but why would any rational person assume or demand they are entitled to a brand new replacement for their potentially very used item?

Under UK consumer law it is perfectly legal and acceptable to offer a like for like (ie. used replacement). Read the warranty terms.
No its not my car is 15 years old and knackered I demand a full replacement from the dealer!

Soldato
Don’t take B grade card what so ever.

It comes with 30 day warranty which might as be nothing.

You have 2yr warranty left - ask for cash or like for like replacement for a new product.

Last edited:
Associate
Trying reading the thread?
Reading hard! ;( That said, I wonder what happens with Zotac cards, when one has to register it within 30 days of purchase to get 5 years warranty. If it then gets replaced with another Zotac by OCUK directly, that one might not have been registered (very likely), hence warranty is suddenly only 3y and not 5y. I hope OCUK did think about that too.

Man of Honour
Reading hard! ;( That said, I wonder what happens with Zotac cards, when one has to register it within 30 days of purchase to get 5 years warranty. If it then gets replaced with another Zotac by OCUK directly, that one might not have been registered (very likely), hence warranty is suddenly only 3y and not 5y. I hope OCUK did think about that too.
In the terms for the registration, Zotac say that the extended warranty period must be handled by them directly, so I would imagine (at a minimum) they would expect paperwork of some kind to prove that a replacement Zotac card was issued by the retailer? If OCUK would accept handling the 3-5 year period of the warranty at their discretion, even if they replaced it with say, an Asus,.. I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom