RMA whole order of 2 kits ram and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey

I just wanted to start out by clearly stating that I have received no less than absolute perfect support from overclockers regarding the following issue, but I have to ask a couple of questions in regards to those..

I ordered 2x32gb ddr5 ram + an i9 14900k.

I first RMA'ed the ram as I found 3 of the sticks were faulty, confirmed by overclockers who promptly refunded.
I also, after I replaced that ram with an amazon set, found the A1 and A2 Channels not working on the motherboard, so I RMA'ed the CPU (after replacing he motherboard just in case from elsewhere)

I got so fed up with continually rebuilding my computer that I spent £80 for a computer shop to do it, but due to these faults I was charged and the PC released back to me unrepaired.
I have also spent another £26 on thermal paste in order to keep reapplying, not to mention the time I spend troubleshooting.

As I said before, the customer service has been exemplary, but I have two questions

I have just received a DPD notification that overclockers are sending me something, I can only assume that due to what I have read about their policy on charging for return of non-faulty goods before posting it that they found the CPU to be faulty too... could anyone confirm this theory

I am a little upset however that there has been no acknowledgement regarding the expense and time spent troubleshooting what amounts to 3 items in the same order all faulty..

Anyone care to step in?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I know what I am doing, I just decided to pass it to someone else due to getting fed up with it.. It was not something I could not solve, it was just something I could not be bothered with.

Associate
OP
This is not about whether I could or could not be bothered to rebuild it, I am trying to start a business at present and unfortunately I had a myriad of other events that take priority over a gaming pc, 'unfortunate experience' is not how I'd cut 3 items in one shipment as faulty without acknowledgement to the inconvenience and cost, I could understand if it was just one item in a shipment, but this was the whole shipment.

Soldato
This is not about whether I could or could not be bothered to rebuild it, I am trying to start a business at present and unfortunately I had a myriad of other events that take priority over a gaming pc, 'unfortunate experience' is not how I'd cut 3 items in one shipment as faulty without acknowledgement to the inconvenience and cost, I could understand if it was just one item in a shipment, but this was the whole shipment.

You do know overclockers don't manufacture the parts? They also sell parts to end users who build their own computers, they didn't recommend you take it to a shop to have them build it. I've learned the hard way not to supply parts (with cars) and get other people to fit them as it always ends up hitting you in the pocket.

If you were going to do that then you'd be better off buying the parts from the shop or ordering a built up mobo from OCUK where they would build and test it for you.

Yes it is an unfortunate series of events, but really it sounds like what you wanted was a ready built PC tested and delivered but you went with buying parts but didn't really have the time to run through all the steps needed to build and test components in to a PC.

As the other poster said, that's just the nature of self building - you get exactly the PC you want but there's no one there holding your hand through the process.l and trouble shooting is inherent part of self build.

Associate
OP
Throughout this whole conversation you seem to appear to have made several assumptions, that firstly because I did not have time to put my pc together that I somehow didn't know or that i am 'inexperienced', and second, now you are trying to say that I am not fully aware of what overclockers is (if i didnt know better id say you are a snob)..

It's called 'customer service' to realise that a customer has been exceptionally put out by items that In this case overclockers provided, whether overclockers manufacture those products or not, the law puts the retailer to have responsibility for that they sell, and overclockers have been very responsible, they have just not been exceptional, I see no harm in criticism and to query as to why such a place that seems by my experience gets the normal absolutely correct but seems to miss the mark with the exceptional

I don't know what your problem is, but maybe I should tell you as the situation seems to call for it I am not only a qualified Web developer 3d artist and graphic designer, but I have also been building computers for over 20 years. Some might say that qualifies me to comment on abnormal services which should be without what sounded like pasty remarks.

Maybe that was not your intent, but you have sounded hostile from your first remark.. It sounds to me as if you know nothing about how customer service works or what the legal responsibilities are in order to be supplying goods, let alone a service therefore I'd suggest it's you I hope do mot supply repairs because customer service is 99 percent of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Throughout this whole conversation you seem to appear to have made several assumptions, that firstly because I did not have time to put my pc together that I somehow didn't know, and second, now you are trying to say that I am not fully aware of what overclockers is..

It's called 'customer service' to realise that a customer has been exceptionally put out by items I'm thos case overclockers provided, whether overclockers manufacture those products or not, the law puts the retailer to have responsibility for that they sell, and overclockers have been very responsible, they have just not been exceptional, I see no harm in criticism and to query as to why such a place that seems by my experience gets the normal absolutely correct but seems to miss the mark with the exceptional

I don't know what your problem is, but maybe I should tell you as the situation seems to call for it I am not only a qualified Web developer 3d artist and graphic designer, but I have also been building computers for over 20 years. Some might say that qualifies me to comment on abnormal services which should be without what sounded like pasty remarks.

Maybe that was not your intent, but you have sounded hostile from your first remark
Who are you actually talking to? We are not the Borg.

Associate
OP
Seven of Nine doesn't count. Fair enough the Borg Queen speaks, I remember it now but tbh I don't think people here are less polite than the Borg :cry:
I can't speak on authority to that point, I can only refer to this conversation, surfice to say I would not have joined at all if I saw conversations like the start of this one all over the forum. (I would still count 7 as she negotiated between Janeway and the borg before being freed from them)

Last edited:
Soldato
the law puts the retailer to have responsibility for that they sell, and overclockers have been very responsible, they have just not been exceptional, I see no harm in criticism and to query as to why such a place that seems by my experience gets the normal absolutely correct but seems to miss the mark with the exceptional
So, OCUK have admittedly done everything required of them by law, what is it you actually want from them?

I don't think it's fair to expect them to foot the bill for you paying a 3rd party to build your PC because you got the hump with it as that was never part of the original deal (you did have the option of getting OCUK to build it from the beginning but chose not to).

Customer service on the part of the company sometimes requires the customer to say exactly what it is they are expecting.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So, OCUK have admittedly done everything required of them by law, what is it you actually want from them?

I don't think it's fair to expect them to foot the bill for you paying a 3rd party to build your PC because you got the hump with it.
Christ, you just can't help yourself can you.. I'm not going to warrent this stupidity with a response anymore.

Soldato
I can't speak on authority to that point, I can only refer to this conversation, surfice to say I would not have joined at all if I saw conversations like the start of this one all over the forum. (I would still count 7 as she negotiated between Janeway and the borg before being freed from them)
Sure you would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom