Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I notice that Rapha currently have a sale on! I've been eyeing up their stuff for a while, and thinking about getting a Jacket to help me through the winter months. Any recommendations?

Also, whats the shop like in London? Has anyone been? I'll be down there with work in the not too distant future, so might see if I can go try something on rather than ordering two sizes and sending one back!

Rapha Softshell > *.

Soldato
I notice that Rapha currently have a sale on! I've been eyeing up their stuff for a while, and thinking about getting a Jacket to help me through the winter months. Any recommendations?

Also, whats the shop like in London? Has anyone been? I'll be down there with work in the not too distant future, so might see if I can go try something on rather than ordering two sizes and sending one back!

Extra 10% of sale: SALE10PC13

I've got to send my wheels back to PBK today for a refund. When I request a Royal Mail quote using "Medium Parcel" we're looking at around £23 postage. :eek:

But the thing is, the package exceeds the size requirements of Medium. I dread to think what the cost will be!

interparcel
parcelmonkey
parcel2go

etc.

Last edited:
Soldato

Meant to say, the shop is tiny, and half of it is given over to serving coffee. Still it does mean you can try stuff one.

Their range is also carried by Condor Cycles on Gray's Inn Road, which for browsing kit is a great option.

Soldato
Considering it's PBK's error for sending you the wrong wheelset/hub I would call them and have them arrange a courier for collection.

Caporegime
Yeah - if you'd ordered the wrong set or decided you wanted to change I could understand. I would not be paying for the courier to send back their mistake though.

Associate
Hi all, i am about to sign up tot he cycle to work scheme. Can someone recommend a decent road bike from Evans? Max value £1000. Unfortunately, the bike has to be from Evans or else i would go for a Planet X one.

Caporegime
Hi all, i am about to sign up tot he cycle to work scheme. Can someone recommend a decent road bike from Evans? Max value £1000. Unfortunately, the bike has to be from Evans or else i would go for a Planet X one.

Is it for commuting or just general use? Or both? Have you got much experience on a road bike? Are you putting the full £1k towards the bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom