Road Cycling

Giant really do have **** customer service. I chased them about the frame a few weeks back because it was coming up to the week they said they would be back in stock and basically he said "yeah, no change, should be back in week 38". Foolishly I expected that they would have one on order for me any when they were back in stock I would have one. Nope. Messaged them again this week to say "they are back in stock on the website, when can I expect to be able to pick up the frame". They don't know. By all accounts they haven't done anything. I could buy one and have it tomorrow but the warranty replacement, who knows? All I got as usual was "I will send them an email to try and get an update".

Its been over 5 months and the only part of their customer service that has been remotely acceptable is the offer of an updated version of the frameset. Every other aspect of it has been ****. Slow to communicate, require constant prodding to get any updates and take ages to do anything.

I'm going to call them today to see if I can get some sort of update on what the hold up is and why it wasn't on order already.
that's rubbish...

as I recall, you had limited frame and they will replace it ? or new paintwork ?

that's a long time to wait...

are there no top spec frames of new model that tickle your fancy ?
for that time, get the best there is off them...

they have this on display in their St Pauls shop
nVf1min.jpeg

For some time I've been considering some lower profile wheels. A couple of days ago a friend pointed out a website that takes Cycle2Work and I'm now considering two different wheels -

Campagnolo 700c Bora Ultra WTO @ £1925

Campagnolo 700c Bora WTO @ £1399

Does anyone know wheels well and know if the extra £20pm is worthwhile for the Ultra's?
going for looks or weight ? ;)
I like Bora wheels, look cool

if weight, check those out https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Roval/Alpinist-CLX-II-Disc-Wheelset/YA2Z?s=1

haven't been here for few weeks...has @Junglist got a bike yet ? or that di2 ? ;)

hope everyone's well here :D

Haha, no bike yet. Have to be honest, I've only been on the bike once in the last 2 months! Got ill and just haven't had the inclination to get back on the bike. It's actually causing a few arguments in the home at the moment as I've been a bit down last couple of weeks and my partner wants me to go out because she know it'll make me feel better but I've just lost all desire

It'll come back I'm sure

Haha, no bike yet. Have to be honest, I've only been on the bike once in the last 2 months! Got ill and just haven't had the inclination to get back on the bike. It's actually causing a few arguments in the home at the moment as I've been a bit down last couple of weeks and my partner wants me to go out because she know it'll make me feel better but I've just lost all desire

It'll come back I'm sure
After longer break it's hard to go out again.
Listen to partner and just go out :)

Reactions: fez
that's rubbish...

as I recall, you had limited frame and they will replace it ? or new paintwork ?

that's a long time to wait...

are there no top spec frames of new model that tickle your fancy ?
for that time, get the best there is off them...

they have this on display in their St Pauls shop

The broken one was a team paintjob which they couldn't source any more in the SL version. They offered me a refund, a replacement in a different colourway or the latest '25 model SL but I would have to wait until mid-September.

So I should have a new '25 SL arriving any day now in the white flecked colorway. I can't decide if I love the team colour one or not. Sometimes I think it looks amazing and in other videos/pictures I am not so keen.

Got some fancy integrated bars to put on it when it arrives too. Not sure I will want to take it out in our disgusting UK winter though!

After longer break it's hard to go out again.
Listen to partner and just go out :)
Yeah it's like I'm in a vicious circle cycle at the moment. The longer I leave it, the harder it is to get the enthusiasm to go out/inside and then I start to feel worse and lose more motivation, rinse and repeat.

I could go on a long tell-all rant but ultimately I need to resolve a few underlying things to get my head back in the game. It's just annoying, I know if I even did 30-45 minutes my mood would be lifted but it, and everything else, just feels like a chore at the moment

Definitely doesn't help the days are getting visibly shorter and I always struggle in winter at the best of times lol.

Yeah it's like I'm in a vicious circle cycle at the moment. The longer I leave it, the harder it is to get the enthusiasm to go out/inside and then I start to feel worse and lose more motivation, rinse and repeat.

Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do it. Get on a zwift race or just stick zwift on and watch a TV show or film you have been meaning to watch. Can't hurt.

I could go on a long tell-all rant but ultimately I need to resolve a few underlying things to get my head back in the game. It's just annoying, I know if I even did 30-45 minutes my mood would be lifted but it, and everything else, just feels like a chore at the moment

Hope you get these things sorted mate. Sometimes you have to look at exercise as a chore like any other. You have kids so your life is full of unfulfilling chores, whats one more :p

I do know what you mean though. I have a million jobs/chores that need doing but finding the time to do them is hard. Luckily exercise is one of the things I don't negotiate on. I work from home and need to get my body moving or I get miserable. Helps massively that indoor bike time is when I get to watch the TV I wouldn't otherwise watch. The missus likes reality TV, comedy shows and murder stuff. I like very different stuff to her.

Definitely doesn't help the days are getting visibly shorter and I always struggle in winter at the best of times lol.

Yeah, I really miss when I could go out after the boys are in bed, sometimes for a few hours ride. Not I put them to bed and its nearly dark. Don't get me started on daylight ******* savings. I need to make sure I do get out over the winter though because I love it when its sunny in the winter.

Are Hunt actually designing and making their own wheels now? I thought that previously they were just taking chinese open mould stuff and rebranding it with a UK presence for things like support etc.

I couldn't tell you. There's quite a lot on their site about their background etc. There's a tag around the wheels being hand-built and them spending time in wind tunnels, etc. Personally, I've only ever heard people speak well of them.

One of my pedals seized and tried to fall off on my last ride. Only 20 miles left to go but made it round :cry:

Thought I’d ask some people who actually know what they’re talking about. I’ve got the basic Shimano SPD double sided pedals. I was going to replace like for like, but wondered whether I should change cleat style? I need to replace the cleats on my shoes (again, basic shimano RC1 equivalent). SPD-SL worth looking at?

Presuming I go for the SPD style again - is there any difference between multi and single release cleats? From ski bindings it would seem safer to have the multi release, but not completely convinced.

Was looking at the SH56 cleats and M540 pedals (slightly lighter than the M520, but otherwise the same I think). Decent combo? Worth a look at anything else?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Spd sl have a wider and firmer pedal base but you'll need new shoes obviously.

I ride spd on my gravel bike year round, no problems. Would just stick another pair of m520 on, the m540 is marginally lighter but for a bit more money, both are bombproof pretty much. Just use the clears that come with them.

Hope all you lot got out yesterday when the weather was good. Saw loads of us out on the roads which was nice. Probably not too many more days like this left before the winter grips us so got to make the most of them.

Back
Top Bottom