Road Cycling

Soldato
Sun is shining - sportive tomorrow - should I stick on the new wheels??

new wheels on - bike clean and ready to rumble.......

Only downside is...........i "think" i forgot to enter the sportive:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was wondering this week why i'd got no email about it etc - upon checking back - I can see posts in our club facebook page about going and who was considering it etc- I've put it on the family calander and everything but can I find any confirmation/booking/emails from them - nope!!! Got a sick and stupid feeling that despite being well up for it and ready to go.....that I actually never entered it

:(:(

Such a tit

Soldato
Just wait round the corner then join in.... *ahem*.

Give the entry fee to charity if you feel bad.

yeah - that's crossing my mind - I was driving with a mate so tempted to just go anyway, it's not closed roads so they can hardly stop me from riding it i guess!

Soldato
yeah - that's crossing my mind - I was driving with a mate so tempted to just go anyway, it's not closed roads so they can hardly stop me from riding it i guess!

Exactly, if you don't take any of the 'free' gels/bars/green bananas then you're not really costing them anything.

You could probably line up at the start without a number, doubt anyone would care.

If you're a BC member or pay to enter the event do you have any kind of insurance, that's the only thing I could see that could perhaps be a negative point.

Soldato
Exactly, if you don't take any of the 'free' gels/bars/green bananas then you're not really costing them anything.

You could probably line up at the start without a number, doubt anyone would care.

If you're a BC member or pay to enter the event do you have any kind of insurance, that's the only thing I could see that could perhaps be a negative point.

BC member as of 2 days ago! Anyway - another chap as dropped out, got his place and confirmation. Just will cycle as him tomorrow instead of the hassle of asking about transfering etc cause that will probably be more problems!! Tomorrow i'm Bobby from Ayrshire.

Soldato
Had a quick look yesterday and for all my mileage for the year is still low it is double what it was last year and I've had a few runs at the 20mph average speed.

There was a race today which meant a lot of the guys missed the usual Saturday bunch so they are going out Sunday 10am so I plan on meeting them rather than the Sunday club run for a bit of a see where I'm at with the real men type affair.

Hopefully it means I don't get completely destroyed when the bundy kicks off on Tuesday night. Watch this space!

If I hadn't had tonsillitis then I recon I'd be a bit further on but what can you do :)

Soldato
Got a puncture, so changed the inner tube, nearly gave myself frostbite with the CO2 and noticed two of the inner tubes caused large bulges in the tyre so the bead didn't seat on the rim properly. Cue a call to the wife to come out and pick me up.

Lifeline inner tubes may be cheap but if half of the pack are unusable then it isn't as cheap as they originally look. POS, won't be buying them again.

Soldato
I had a puncture last night and also my co2 inflator jammed - good thing I'd not actually left home though :D

I bin tubes once they've punctured - cba fixing them after just getting cheesed off with non sticky patches & patches sticking but still leaky - i have no patience so tubes are consumables as far as i'm concerned.

Caporegime
I had a puncture last night and also my co2 inflator jammed - good thing I'd not actually left home though :D

I bin tubes once they've punctured - cba fixing them after just getting cheesed off with non sticky patches & patches sticking but still leaky - i have no patience so tubes are consumables as far as i'm concerned.
Send them to me, I can be arsed fixing them :D

You need decent patches is all. Glue free ones are all crap, they never work. You need a proper kit with sandpaper, rubber cement and rubber patches. Yes, they take like 5 minutes to do, but it's worth it because they actually work. I use the Rema Tip Top kits, which are dead cheap and utterly brilliant. They're German - enough said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom