Road Cycling

Permabanned
Todays commute went rather well. First sub 1 hour (elasped time 59:50ish 16.4 miles) on the bike to work this morning and a moving time of 55.50ish. Traffic lights were fairly kind, legs felt good, weather was good and not many silly drivers out either. Quite pleased really as was usually takes around 1hr2mins+ moving time, only broke sub 1 hour 4 times so far in the 3 months or so I've been commuting. :)

Man of Honour
OP
So, riding my CX bike today around some local trails and a branch lodged itself into the wheel. DR might be knackered but the hanger is definitely fudged. Rather annoying. One of my friends with me managed to get things kind of working so I limped home stuck in easiest gear. 110 rpm to maintain 9mph. Excelsior :o

Soldato
Another trip to Butser Hill tomorrow morning, before the sun gets too warm, this time with company. I've no idea if he's realised we will have a headwind up Butser itself to add to the 9% challenge for the final 0.6 mile ascent!:D

Soldato
Potential dub question - if a rim doesn't have wear indicators, what's the best way to know when the brake track is EOL?

Strava says my wheels (Planet-X Model B) have done at least 7,500km, probably more with pre-Strava rides.

Soldato
Potential dub question - if a rim doesn't have wear indicators, what's the best way to know when the brake track is EOL?

Strava says my wheels (Planet-X Model B) have done at least 7,500km, probably more with pre-Strava rides.
I think you can put a straight edge against the rim and check for how concave it is. I can't remember the guideline but I'd imagine anything more than say 3-4mm is too much..maybe less..

Man of Honour
I only have muc off lubes at the moment.
Should I buy something else.

I have the green cereamic stuff and dry - think i need to add more - had some ceramic on for a few days after cleaning before riding, then added a little bit of dry, but it's not as quiet as it used to be.

Soldato

I have the green cereamic stuff and dry - think i need to add more - had some ceramic on for a few days after cleaning before riding, then added a little bit of dry, but it's not as quiet as it used to be.

I've tried the Finish line ceramic stuff a couple of times now but I hate it. It looks nicer but the chain sounds very noisy. I tend to just default to Finish Line wet (green bottle) though it is quite messy and generally doesn't maintain a clean look.

Soldato
Harvesting Lane?

Yep, although there was barely any wind to talk of on the ride full stop!

Was a very alien kind of ride for me, riding with someone and trying to go mostly at a pace that prevented us from ending up miles apart, I was faster up the climbs and he was running away from me on the descents while freewheeling despite me actively pedalling to try and catch up.

Heading off at ~0720 instead of ~0645 or earlier, plus taking a longer break at the top of Harvesting, turned it into much more of battle with the heat on the way home.

But doing that ~47 mile cat4 fest ride over ~4 hours instead of ~3 has left me feeling far less wiped, tempted to do a flat 10/20 miler tomorrow morning, depending upon if the rain happens or not.

Commissario
I've got back in the saddle in the last couple of weeks for the first times this year. Yes, seriously. I am a fair weather cyclist!

I'm still riding the VooDoo Marasa with Grand Prix 4 Seasons on and building back up again. I know it's been hot but even after a ten mile (fairly flat) ride, I'm ending up utterly exhausted, sweating like a very sweaty thing when I finish. Everything I'm wearing is very damp and I'm not a pretty sight.

I find that I can't settle into a constant, steady speed. The urge is always there to go a little faster so I get my legs spinning, change up a gear and push to get myself spinning again. I'm not going massively quickly, I think the fastest I've managed is just over 29MPH but normally my top speed on a ride is 24-25 and that's normally on a downhill (and I feel like I'm going like a bat out of hell when I do it).

Is this just a case of building up stamina and not knackering myself out each time?

This was the ride tonight.

Associate

it will have a concave look it it when it need to be replaced of you can use a set of calipers

Associate

i use juicy lubes dry and cramic thay work realy well in time trials

Back
Top Bottom