Road Cycling

Associate
My OH is 5"11 and the Propels were too big. Also, they came in black or black as opposed to the full array of colours offered by Liv. A womans Liv Large is a Giant Mens Medium with obvious contact point differences. I find this choice for your OH alarming. That and the fact she thinks it's heavy. The Liv Langma is incredibly light.

I’m sorry that you’re so alarmed. As mentioned previously, it was her decision.

edit: the 7.13kg Liv langma is £4300!

Soldato

Dont see why riding a 'mens' Giant over a ladies 'Liv' is alarming. As long as the bike fits, everything is ok, right? I guess there is a question over 700c vs 650b but Id guess that is a slightly separate issue.

Associate
Dont see why riding a 'mens' Giant over a ladies 'Liv' is alarming. As long as the bike fits, everything is ok, right? I guess there is a question over 700c vs 650b but Id guess that is a slightly separate issue.
I’m unsure too! It fits, she’s faster on it, it’s heavier than my tcr. Can’t see the issue!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato

The Langma is the eqivilient of the TCR isn't it? Isn't the Envie the equivilent to the Propel, so the one you mean? My other half has an Avail and that's the Defy.

Or am I getting confused and they've swiched/changed the names around over the last few years?

Think he was more alarmed that the difference in weight was so large, not the fact she was riding a 'mens'. It's a totally common thing and I've always swung both ways (lol). On one hand, having a womens orientated frame with different contact points (wider saddle, narrower bars, shorter stem etc) is great, like Giant do, they even have different brand names with totally different decals designs and colours. Then on the other hand, like Specialized, have no different women brands, just offer their usual frames in a wider range of sizes (& configurations). I still can't really 'decide' which I prefer.

700c vs 650b is a valid poiint but only at the lower end of the sizing, I'm sure I read somewhere that some mens small TT bikes came with 650b? Sure I read Quintana rode one? Or am I just thinking about the Quintana Roo TT bike?

I’m unsure too! It fits, she’s faster on it, it’s heavier than my tcr. Can’t see the issue!
The only issue I see is some of the womens colour options are far better than the mens! ;)

Associate
The Langma is the eqivilient of the TCR isn't it? Isn't the Envie the equivilent to the Propel, so the one you mean? My other half has an Avail and that's the Defy.

Or am I getting confused and they've swiched/changed the names around over the last few years?

Think he was more alarmed that the difference in weight was so large, not the fact she was riding a 'mens'. It's a totally common thing and I've always swung both ways (lol). On one hand, having a womens orientated frame with different contact points (wider saddle, narrower bars, shorter stem etc) is great, like Giant do, they even have different brand names with totally different decals designs and colours. Then on the other hand, like Specialized, have no different women brands, just offer their usual frames in a wider range of sizes (& configurations). I still can't really 'decide' which I prefer.

700c vs 650b is a valid poiint but only at the lower end of the sizing, I'm sure I read somewhere that some mens small TT bikes came with 650b? Sure I read Quintana rode one? Or am I just thinking about the Quintana Roo TT bike?

The only issue I see is some of the womens colour options are far better than the mens! ;)

She much prefers the black colours. When they fitted her they did change bars and stem. She’s quite happy on the narrower men’s saddles.

I don’t know how the models match across the ranges. I think the envie and the propel match but that’s only based on seeing what my mates are riding. I’ve not been out for 6 weeks. Really need to get the race light kitted up and get some miles in. Playing squash isn’t keeping the weight off as much as cycling does!

Soldato
FFS. Someones leaving work and has ordered Dominos for lunch for the while office. Great. Not so great for my reduced mileage (and gradually increasing) waistline at the moment! ;)

EDIT: Beefburger pizza. If you know, then you KNOW. Wow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just smashed a double pack of Jaffa Cakes, winter is hard.:o
Haha, you can do that?! I like the idea of pizza fuelled JustEat pizza delivery men. Like some kind of perpetual motion machine!

Todays comsumption at work: 8 slices of pizza, 3 home made ginger biscuits, 2 go ahead bars, 1 apple, 2 bananas, 1 yougurt. Cycling so far: 2.4 miles. Waistline: bloated.

Man of Honour
Haha, you can do that?! I like the idea of pizza fuelled JustEat pizza delivery men. Like some kind of perpetual motion machine!

Todays comsumption at work: 8 slices of pizza, 3 home made ginger biscuits, 2 go ahead bars, 1 apple, 2 bananas, 1 yougurt. Cycling so far: 2.4 miles. Waistline: bloated.

Nice.

I have a 15.6mi home trip book for this evening and I am not looking forward to it.

Even with a gash Nurishment drink and a bacon-sausage bap this morning...

Soldato

Did my best to burn some of this off last night. Zwift Tour of London Stage 2. Ride report on activity. I utterly utterly melted myself.

Nice.

I have a 15.6mi home trip book for this evening and I am not looking forward to it.

Even with a gash Nurishment drink and a bacon-sausage bap this morning...
No midday meal? Bonkalicious!

Soldato
Haha! :D

Who's Will Hardie on here? Good time on same Zwift stage as me last night, we'd be quite well matched. :cool:
Hah, yea that's me mate. Cheers for the comment! I was however pushing my self quite a bit more than normal. But it was an excellent ride :)

Thinking of Stage 3 on Saturday morning, although annoyingly I've missed out on Stage 1 :/

Back
Top Bottom