Road House

Soldato
So bad, honestly I can't find one redeeming thing in it.

JG is normally a solid bet but he just swanned around with a stupid little smirk, I wasn't sure it was meant to be an all knowing smile or if he was just punchy.....going for punchy.

CM, yes I would never say it to his face but that is probably the worst piece of "acting" I've seen, as has been said it was like he played himself and he couldn't even act that.

I don't even really understand what made JG so angry at the end, I mean his best mate did way less than what CM did to him and he just walked away until that soppy reason for him returning kicked in, it was so poorly done I was actually in shock

Still....I watched it until the end, mostly just so that I could complain about it later lol.

Associate
I thought it was ok..... passed a few hours. I won't be itching to re-watch though.

Outside of that intro scene which was both from the writer/director and CM's performance more than a bit cringey.... I thought that as a first crack at acting in a feature movie McGregor did ok, better than some of Arnie's early efforts! He's not going to win any awards and having a bit more range above a firmly sticking to a cheesy grin for the first half of his performance might've helped. The latter fight scenes and exchanges were better though.

With a lot of work he has enough screen presence to make a go at it. Not sure he will though as he's on his way to being a jack of lots of things.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doubt Conor will ever be given another role, in some interviews hes twitching and gurning so much he looks like hes methed out of his head.

Soldato
Watched both of them this week and preferred the new one - there is definitely some rose tinted views where the first one is concerned - the new one is saved by JG and the location. Either way they are both trashy and forgettable.

Soldato
Re-watched the Swayze original last night - it's just so much better than the new one, it's barely comparable.

It's like an extended episode of The A-Team with more violence and a Scooby Doo ending :D

Its also way more trashy low budget 80's B movie than I remembered too - either way neither of them are going to win awards lol.

Soldato
It's like an extended episode of The A-Team with more violence and a Scooby Doo ending :D

Its also way more trashy low budget 80's B movie than I remembered too - either way neither of them are going to win awards lol.

It's what my wife describes as 'take your brain out and put it to the side' TV - ie: something you can watch and enjoy without needing to think too much.

I never watched the sequel - Road House 2, but I'm guessing it was likely as bad as the remake.

Soldato
I never watched the sequel - Road House 2, but I'm guessing it was likely as bad as the remake.

Oh my sweet summer child, it makes the remake look like Citizen Kane in comparison! It's bad for a "straight to VHS" film, never mind as a sequel to the OG film, and by 5 minutes in you're left wondering if this wasn't actually a student film which some coked up studio executive thought would make millions based off the name, its just soooooooooooooooo bad!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh my sweet summer child, it makes the remake look like Citizen Kane in comparison! It's bad for a "straight to VHS" film, never mind as a sequel to the OG film, and by 5 minutes in you're left wondering if this wasn't actually a student film which some coked up studio executive thought would make millions based off the name, its just soooooooooooooooo bad!

OK, one to avoid then. :D

Associate
Strange choice of focal length for the fights, looks almost 14mm super wide, quite off putting and floaty for films, save that for documentaries and such.

Back
Top Bottom