Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic The Wheel of Time coming to TV

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Now can I be bothered to blitz the books before the show? I've never read them before, but I have a thing where I like to read books of something before seeing the adaptation.

You only need to read the couple books before the show airs, then keep up a pace of a few books a year to stay ahead of the show.

Associate
Blitz? That is optimistic. I managed them all in one year. I'm glad I read them but I'll never read them again.
Indeed. When is the show rumoured to be out? One book a month is doable.

You only need to read the couple books before the show airs, then keep up a pace of a few books a year to stay ahead of the show.
Good idea. I might get started at the weekend haha! Who knows, I might hate it.

Edit - Just ordered the first book. Should be with me tomorrow for a weekend start.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the any of the 'old fashioned' attitudes making it on to the screen, these days it will be woke as **** or just won't get made. I've read most of the first book and it's of course incredibly dated, so the on screen version especially in today's climate is going to be very different, I can't see anything like a faithfull adapatation as WOT is famed for its tedium as much as its length. So they're probably going to cvhange a hell of a lot and that might be no bad thing, it can't be as bad as the Shannarra Chronicles can it?

I hope its 'grim dark' as someone alluded to earlier and not a teen-centric 'relationships and feels' show, there's plenty of that on TV for those who enjoy vomiting profusely.

Caporegime
I wouldn't worry about the any of the 'old fashioned' attitudes making it on to the screen, these days it will be woke as **** or just won't get made. I've read most of the first book and it's of course incredibly dated, so the on screen version especially in today's climate is going to be very different, I can't see anything like a faithfull adapatation as WOT is famed for its tedium as much as its length. So they're probably going to cvhange a hell of a lot and that might be no bad thing, it can't be as bad as the Shannarra Chronicles can it?

I hope its 'grim dark' as someone alluded to earlier and not a teen-centric 'relationships and feels' show, there's plenty of that on TV for those who enjoy vomiting profusely.

Its been said in interviews about Perrin having a beard from the start and the cast are older than in the books that the producers didnt want load it come across as a teenage fantasy romp and they were going for more adult. Good sign.

Caporegime
Yeah they should have gone for a taller actor for Rand, after all in the books he is almost tall enough to be Aeil isnt he?

But at least I knew exactly who was who from just one glance at that pic - a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom