Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Great childhood memories. But I'm now 30 and I fear it just won't be the same.

I hope they keep it similar to what it was in terms of show format. I don't want to be too forced and over the top. But I do hope they can make it an arena for for more extreme bots. We're in a world of automation so it would be great to see human controlled and ai controlled elements.

It's good news though. If someone could bring back the original Scapheap Challenge also that would be great. It's the people that take part that make it for me. Proper grass roots interesting people, it's all very British :)

Soldato
My only concern, is that once everybody realised all you needed was a flipper/self righting mechanism it got a bit dull. The robots that were really interesting were those that had weapons/axes/saws etc that would actually do damage to your opponent, rather than just flip them out the arena in 5 seconds.

Caporegime
My only concern, is that once everybody realised all you needed was a flipper/self righting mechanism it got a bit dull. The robots that were really interesting were those that had weapons/axes/saws etc that would actually do damage to your opponent, rather than just flip them out the arena in 5 seconds.

I liked the phases that robot wars went through, like the first season that people realised they needed a srimech and then suddenly hypnodisc came along and just completely changed the game.

Associate
I remember that one with the spinning disc when it first came out. Tore everything else to shreds!

Edit: just beaten to it, Hynodisc!

Man of Honour
I hope this isn't just an arena style show. My favourite was the original, which had challenges like running the gauntlet and tug of war as well as a final arena fight.

Soldato
Hynodisc was amazing, it was the fact we had seen similar before with cutting discs etc. but unlike the rest Hypnodisc wrecked everything.

I would add Razor to that list too, from memory it didn't always work but when it did it was brutal! Even to the degree of disabling the house robots too :D

Associate
Great news, just ban all srimecs, when everyone needed that's all you needed it got boring as hell.

I want extreme weapons, e.g. hypnodisc and that crushing one.

Associate
If they could get businesses sponsoring teams (up to a certain amount), could get some awesome things built. Imagine Google v Apple bots going at it ;)

Don
I would add Razor to that list too, from memory it didn't always work but when it did it was brutal! Even to the degree of disabling the house robots too :D
Razor destroyed Sgt Flamethrower or whatever it was called if I remember right.

It was brutal as well, able to self right as well later on which it couldn't in the first season it appeared. It managed to get hold of Hypnodisc I think in one fight, but it was sufficiently well armoured not to take too much damage other than a dent from the pincer point.

Soldato
Potentially great news, will be great to watch with my son (age 5.5)

Loved the first few series, but got bored as the robots became a bit too "professional" i.e. too well built. And they totally ****ed up with getting the rules on being incapacitated twisted in a knot - a particular low-light being Gemini being counted as out because one of its two cluster bots had been incapacitated.

Lost my **** when Cassius debuted the SRiMec during one of the dodgy challenges they had back in series 2. Thought he was out of the game, and then **whooosh** off he goes again.

I've been watching NerdCubed doing a "fauxbot Wars" feature on his Youtube channel on an old robot wars game thinking to myself that I would like to watch it again.

Caporegime
Great news, just ban all srimecs, when everyone needed that's all you needed it got boring as hell.

I want extreme weapons, e.g. hypnodisc and that crushing one.

But if you ban srimechs then it's just whoever flips first wins? You would see nothing but flippers.

What was that first robot that could flip itself out of the pit? That was amazing

Back
Top Bottom