Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Caporegime
Mortis Series 1-4
Behemoth Series 2-10, Extreme 1-2
Chaos 2 Series 3-6
Onslaught Series 2-5
Panic Attack Series 2-7
Razer Series 2-6

Rare to see a robot twice? That's just a few from the first few seasons that appeared in at least 4 consecutive seasons

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Point.... missed.

The number of unique robots has fallen dramatically. I'm not disputing we didn't see people show up over multiple seasons, but we had many more robots shown that it felt less repetitive. See my last post.

Associate
The lack of entries will presumably be down to the fact it costs thousands and thousands to put one together, for starters. No idea how much the production company help out/pay them for entering, if at all.

There's not a lack of entries but rather a format which cannot support an endless list of entries at least not with just 6 episodes.

There were a number of teams (some of which were in previous seasons) which have been quite open about being turned down. Jellyfish for example I didn't really like but he was rejected having spent a load of money upgrading his robot, they even used part of his application video in the trailer for the series :(

TR2 came 3rd in Season 8 and was then rejected for Season 9

Caporegime
Point.... missed.

The number of unique robots has fallen dramatically. I'm not disputing we didn't see people show up over multiple seasons, but we had many more robots shown that it felt less repetitive. See my last post.

Point isn't missed at all, you literally said it was rare to see a robot appear in consecutive seasons. You then shared a link to show that this wasn't true at all :D

Back in the “good ol days” it was rare to see a robot twice in 2 seasons.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm not disputing we didn't see people show up over multiple seasons, but we had many more robots shown that it felt less repetitive.
Seems to me, you didn't read and were so blinded to prove me wrong that you ignored the follow up. Oh well.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I didn't contradict it.. I elaborated on my point with supporting evidence. You focused on the initial point (admittedly poorly conveyed) and ignored the follow up. Lesson learned :)

Associate
Caught up with the opening show yesterday.

Not convinced by the reshuffle in the format; I preferred less battles and the four-way openers of the previous series, although perhaps that will be alleviated with better robots and more entertaining tussles in future shows. Sabretooth and Behemoth both had seriously grating owners too, which didn't help. Looking forward to the return of Carbide next week.

Oh, and TV needs more Angela Scanlon.

Re: the perception of reduced entrants, that is most likely a result of the increase in professionalism and costs. The old series' had a real motley selection of bots, from the expensive and sublime (Razer) right through to school projects botched together from balsa wood and bits of scrap aluminium.

Caporegime
Took me a while to catch up (Aunty Beeb tightening up on their VPN prevention is making it difficult to watch from Germany*) but I really enjoyed that. The clusterbot was a bit pointless, but better than most. I'm sad to see Apollo go out - they're one of my favourites - but Behemoth have stepped it up a notch.

There was considerably less technical failure this time too.

* - I understand some content is geo-licensed but I'd cheerfully fork out to watch the original content if they'd let me.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It appears to be her “uniform” a bit like the biker jacket Craig Charles used to sport.

Much rather something normal than a stupid baggy jumpsuit though :o

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Anyone see episode 2?

Some really good battles and lots of destruction. The best episode in a while.

Soldato
It was good but why was there 3 finalists in one heat? Carbide, Aftershock and Eruption. After this, some of the heats are a bit sparse on big names seems odd to lump them all into one. I suggest people go back to watch the old series, yes there were a lot of robots but a lot of them where utter crap and often just didn't work. I like this amount as most seem rather competent.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not sure, but that’s 2 big names out in 2 episodes... at least the 10-bot battle royale will have some big names :)

Back
Top Bottom