Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Associate
I have enjoyed this series so far, however I fail to understand how anyone could think filling the arena with smoke for a short period was a good idea.

Caporegime
Seriously...wtf is the point of cluster bots? On paper they always have these grandiose ideas of multi prong attacks but how often does that actually happen? More often than not they just get bitch-slapped out of the way by their opponents which are upwards of 2x the weight. Yet it seems not many people have clued into that fact.

Anytime a team shows up with them this always comes to mind:

fIfDibP.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The logic seems reasonable; split your weight across 2 bots so both need to be eliminated to count as a loss.

However, the weight and size is so much smaller as it’s split over 2 separate bots that it makes it prohibitively stupid.

At least they’re trying new things and relaxing the rules e.g allowing entanglement devices.

Soldato
The logic seems reasonable; split your weight across 2 bots so both need to be eliminated to count as a loss.

However, the weight and size is so much smaller as it’s split over 2 separate bots that it makes it prohibitively stupid.

At least they’re trying new things and relaxing the rules e.g allowing entanglement devices.
If they had a sizeable weapon to each cluster bot that could make it interesting. I was surprised by carbide this time, i guess everyone has used them as the benchmark, there were far less robot parts flying off this season. Not a bad episode, better than the first i thought, altho next weeks looks like someones pride and joy gets really smashed up. PS that guy from big nipper looked weird, almost serial killer like /end stereotype.

Soldato
I haven't seen anything from that guy who has the robot called Thor (?), he usually puts up an impressive fight.
The cluster bots seem more of an aggravation than a credible threat, even the ones controlling them don't seem to be coordinated in their attacks.
Like it has been mentioned already goodness knows whey they bothered with the smoke, it just offers a time out moment rather than add something to the fight.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this week's episode. There were some great battles, not much random breaking down, good damage done, some impressive finishes, and great robot control. I presume they randomly pick names in a draw to see who appears in which episode. It's a shame we had three great robots appear in one week, but as others have said it will make for a great battle royale. My only complaint is the smoke thing they've added for this series, it's completely pointless. I wonder if they could have spinning discs revealed around the sides of the arena when someone hits the button, or something like that.

Oh and why has nobody thought of wrapping chains around the body of their robot. Everyone who has done the entanglement device so far has just done it as a chain that hangs from their robot. If you had chains wrapped around your robot you could really mess up spinners, even someone like carbide.

Caporegime
I love Gabriel. Brilliantly eccentric and surprisingly effective. It badly needs a better weapon though. Nice to see Carbide sweat for it, and they seem to have become about less vindictive over the three seasons. I hoped Eruption would beat them

Associate
LOL. What a load of rubbish that self destructing bot was. Did they not test it? The body was too small for the weapon. Didn’t look securely attached either.

Rapid FTW.

Angela is bae.

Man of Honour
I love Gabriel. Brilliantly eccentric and surprisingly effective. It badly needs a better weapon though. Nice to see Carbide sweat for it, and they seem to have become about less vindictive over the three seasons. I hoped Eruption would beat them
it does nothing, its the worst type of bot it does no damage cant not end any fight, but is extremely hard to kill due to its massive ground clearance. Which means extremely boring fight. it's so far from brilliant.
if a bot cant kill then it shouldn't be allowed to fight. be that weapons or flippers they need someway to kill, incapacitate or throw out the arena.
and yes cluster bots are stupid.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Episode 3 was decent. Let’s be honest though, the best parts were the robot self destructing and smashing a hole in the arena and the man child breakdown in the pits.

The latter made doubly hilarious by the cries of “turn off the camera” only for the crew to troll him and blatantly stick around to film the meltdown :D

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why Terrohurtz doesn’t use a spike, instead of a blunt axe? It’s clearly got force behind the blow, so why not add some piercing element and inflict more damage??

Also... I’m so over flippers.

Back
Top Bottom