*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
With driving games thought I think it's a different story. I don't think I'd want to play Forza and other driving games with digital input. Controller is far more suited for driving games involving feathering of throttle/steering input. Just my 2p.

Associate
With driving games thought I think it's a different story. I don't think I'd want to play Forza and other driving games with digital input. Controller is far more suited for driving games involving feathering of throttle/steering input. Just my 2p.

Last time I checked driving games don't involve flying through the air with rockets, it would certainly make F1 2017 a lot more interesting.

I don't think there is any advantage to gamepad vs keyboard for the standard arcade racing game, but for simulation yes.

Soldato
i can't hack using a pad in this game :(.

Gave it a few hours and went back to keyboard and mouse just feels more comfortable.

Certainly air rolls are easier to control with analogue but it just felt so weird.

Soldato
Season 5 started and new patch is meh.

I like Champions field.
The new matchmaking menu is horrible, change for the sake of change, no one complained about the old one.
Patch didn't completely fix the demos. Still plenty of situations where someone should get demoed, but doesn't even move.
New reward system is decent I guess, no more just touching a rank for reward. Not sure it will have the desired effect on boosters and smurfs at end of season, but hopefully it does.
Glad they didn't reset the ranks.

Associate
i can't hack using a pad in this game :(.

Gave it a few hours and went back to keyboard and mouse just feels more comfortable.

Certainly air rolls are easier to control with analogue but it just felt so weird.

Other way for me, odd time I've gone back to M&K and just struggled! I don't think I will ever work out how to do that roll thing while boosting through the air though, seem to do alright without it though, it just looks flashy :)

Soldato
I just hit platinum in standard which I'm really pleased with. I play mostly 3s, and I've picked up some bad habits. I pretty much just power clear / Power shot / centre the ball with every touch, which works Ok ish in 3s, but is really stupid it 2s

I've been trying to force myself to play duels, but my God, it just makes me so sad playing it lol. I'm in gold 1 in 1s, and I'm not likely to rank up anytime soon as I keep passing to my opponent and diving in for shots I'm 90% going to miss lol.

I hope I can stick it out for a while in 1s, as I'm sure it will help me a ton if I can.

On the plus side, I used to get really nervous playing 1s, sweaty hands and that, but that's stopped now I'm a bit more used to it.

Soldato
Been playing since release, still enjoy it just the same. Guess some people arent going to like it but thats fine. As for the new patch tho its quadrupled my ping(from 15-20 now its 70-80) in most games and the rubber banding is obvious, can be quite annoying.

Soldato
Love this game. Got my season rewards out the way today, or at least the ones I'm eligable for. Nice and early before all the smurfs come out to play. Only the champion ones to go. Highest rank so far is diamond ii, div iv :(.

Back
Top Bottom