ROFLMAO

Soldato
PinkPig said:
I don't see what's so hilarious about it. There are enough science museums in the world, I don't see why there shouldn't be a creation museum as well. Millions of people believe it, so why not exactly? As long as its done sensibly it sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be interested in visiting if it were anywhere nearby.

It is hilarious because that museum is out to disprove Science and scarily enough, even it's own christian religion's view because of their Dinosaur exibit?

It is hilarious because I can see a kid going to that museum, all confused when he returns back to the School class and say their teacher's a liar because that "high tech fancy" museum says so.

But then, that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
TheMagicPirate said:
I think that would be really interesting. Would be good to see how Creationsm explains the dinosaurs etc..

Personally i'm a science man but even most of that is just theories

Creationism or typical Christianity in my experience falls back to the 'god did it' or expanded 'god did it to test you, and you don't believe in god so you are going to hell'

so great, stupid government, overly PC society, and now we have to live with a bloody deity that is actively out to trick you into eternal damnation? fantastic thats all we need. :rolleyes:

and you know what sucks the most? if I'm right I don't even get an afterlife to gloat at the religious people :\

Associate
OP
:D Ok, so there are some religious people on the board. Got no problem with that but think about this for goodness sake. That "museum" is posing as a center of learning in which will be inserted impressionable kids and adults who will now have a reinforced belief that the earth is frackin 6000 years old!!!!!! Does that mean the earth is really flat after all? :confused:

Permabanned
Topper said:
:D Ok, so there are some religious people on the board. Got no problem with that but think about this for goodness sake. That "museum" is posing as a center of learning in which will be inserted impressionable kids and adults who will now have a reinforced belief that the earth is frackin 6000 years old!!!!!! Does that mean the earth is really flat after all? :confused:

I'm not religious at all, and I don't believe the creationist arguement. I just don't think your can say LOL creationsiszmz!!oen when it cannot be disproved as a theory anymore than evolution is provable.

Soldato
starscream said:
I'm not religious at all, and I don't believe the creationist arguement. I just don't think your can say LOL creationsiszmz!!oen when it cannot be disproved as a theory anymore than evolution is provable.

But i think the punch line is more of "Thou Shall Not Lie" from the religion's point of view, an irony to talk about their Creationist view with their idea of dinosaurs, noah's ark and 6000 year old Earth - compare that to a more solid Evolution Theory?

Associate
OP
:D Posting that this thread is rubbish is a waste of your time. Personally I think its a pretty fundamental aspect of life. To me at least, the kind of babble that that place and others (no doubt soon) like are passing off as fact is the part of the reason people across the world are strapping bombs to themselves and walking into tube stations with dreams of paradise in their infected little brains. Its just a point of view of course. :D

Man of Honour
and what's wrong with that, it's the people who want to stop people deciding what they believe are the muppets. People should read about all the theories and options, then decide which one they want to support. A lack of free information is just stupid.

Associate
OP
Why is it funny?? Because they are trying to convince people (amongst other things) that the earth is 6000 years old and that the great flood accounts for fossilization and that men and dino's co-existed. :D

Associate
starscream said:
Is anyone actually able to disprove creationism?
I don't have to disprove it until someone comes up with some evidence that's more compelling than:

Geology (lots of really old rocks)
Biology (how complex organisms work)
Evolution (how said organisms evolve from simpler ones)
Cosmology (our place in the Universe)
Physics (everything, really. How atoms work, gravity, space and time)

And more.

Whereas the Creationism argument does really seem to be "God did it, do not question God's Plan".

If they could prove creationism actually had more evidence than existing scientific theories, people would start to believe.

But to say that the Earth was created 6,000 years ago is just crazy talk, since we have evidence of human civilisations 10,000 years ago.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
A lack of free information is just stupid.

Agreed but what about mis-infomation?

From what I've learnt, the whole Creationist idea is based on a higher being creating everything - a higher-being that we cannot prove or disprove but the words of what's written in a book (which may or may not be mistranslated over the past few millenniums?)

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
and what's wrong with that, it's the people who want to stop people deciding what they believe are the muppets. People should read about all the theories and options, then decide which one they want to support. A lack of free information is just stupid.

Surely this is all about marketing though? enough stupid irrelevant information packaged beautifully is gunna get a certain amount of following even if it IS nonsense.

How many Women buy pro ceramide Q ten hyper super dooper shampoo because it has "Science" on the bottle?

Soldato
Mr.Clark said:
But to say that the Earth was created 6,000 years ago is just crazy talk, since we have evidence of human civilisations 10,000 years ago.
But god is omnipitent, I'm sur in his infinite power he was able to bend space time in such a way that it seems this is the case. :cool:

Associate
OP
That....is it! Science = sceptisicm, investigation, theory, debate, learning, applying.

Religion = do what we say because its written in this book.

:D

Man of Honour
Dr Jones said:
Agreed but what about mis-infomation?

From what I've learnt, the whole Creationist idea is based on a higher being creating everything - a higher-being that we cannot prove or disprove but the words of what's written in a book (which may or may not be mistranslated over the past few millenniums?)

hows that mis information? mis information is when it's proved to be incorrect. However big bang, evolution ect are advertised as fact and not theories like they should be?

Back
Top Bottom