ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Does anyone have the issue that their bus speed varies by quite a bit? My board seems to go as low as 98mhz setting it to 100 or auto doesn't seem to make any difference.

Soldato
Asus apps are crap. Always have issues with them, from motherboard monitoring to graphics card OC software. Always unreliable, cause issues (probe actually crashes my system), and sometimes don't even load up.

Soldato
Anyone's RGB lights gone since upgrading to 1002?

EDIT: Also my case fans stop every so often - I suspect the CPU fans would too but they're connected directly to the H110i
Mine stopped, I got them back when I opened the Aura app and selected default then apply. I am also using the Aura app from an Intel Z270 download page, for some reason it works better than the one from the C6H page.

Soldato
Tried that. That's the version of aura I've got on now.

Thanks tho.
I read somewhere that shutting the PC down and unplugging it and letting it totally discharge all the power was needed to reset the Aura stuff. When I installed the Intel version, the lights would just flash white so When I shut it down for the night, I turned it off at the wall. Next day when I powered it up the flashing was gone as it had all reset.

Associate
Applied 0079 (1004a) and have spent the last hour ******* around trying to get even a clean RB 15 min run devoid of any WHEA, failing hard so far. No idea if it's CPU or DRAM yet which or some weird bug, but OC definitely seems 'harder'. ALso noticed another comment on the link above where someone said they needed 1.439 VCORE for 4ghz on 0079, but only 1.37 on 1002.

Anybody finding the same?

Associate
Still on the 1002 bios not tired any of the beta ones I was tempted but everything seems stable enough for now so leaving it until the next official update.

Associate
Managed to get 3.9 @ 1.38 with BCLK 100 in the end, but my RAM seems a little fussier. On 1002 I was running BCLK 103 but it doesn't seem to like it, haven't played with timings yet.

Back
Top Bottom