ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Yeah, I had an issue with usb getting 'reset', for lack of a better term.

So they would be disconnecting and reconnecting fairly often.

I didn't attribute it to Oc, but I haven't noticed it happen since being back on stock.

Associate
With everything set to Auto, I could get it to run with RAM @ 3200Mhz, but a yPi run produced errors... so might have to actually fiddle with this soon :)

Associate
Yeah, I had an issue with usb getting 'reset', for lack of a better term.

So they would be disconnecting and reconnecting fairly often.

I didn't attribute it to Oc, but I haven't noticed it happen since being back on stock.

Happened to me when I tried a BCLK OC on 1002 BIOS, had to knock it back.

Soldato
Having recently tested both Gaming Pro Carbon and Crosshair VI, I've noticed at stock clocks on the 1800X the Carbon did auto volts of 1.21v but the Crosshair on auto does 1.019 all the way up to 1.469, Little excessive.

Last edited:
Associate
Totally blank and sleeping with my main card. With the spare card I can go straight to the bios screen with no trouble. The pain in the arse is that my main card is too long to fit in my second PC case to test it there. It's just under 15 months old, Sapphire R9 390X. Not sure what their UK warranty is...

Associate
Right then, I've managed to pull the chassis out of my second PC so that I can test the graphics card and it works!!! Next step... flashing the bios and see if that helps. I need to keep swapping the graphics card over though :/

Success! Flashed the bios and everything is now rosy :D

Last edited:
Soldato
On 1107 getting 5ghz stable was a doddle.

1201 proving much more difficult.

Wasn't going to fiddle for a while but with some nit so great news I need something to distract me.

Soldato
Got it stable again (I think) at 4ghz with pstates, and 3ghz ram. That tested with occt linpack avx enabled.

Be interesting to see if it lasts this time.

It's a bit hard to be precise with voltages. So for 4ghz under very light load it's 1.46v, moderate load 1.44v and heavy load 1.42v.

Was trying to hit 1.42v sustained but couldn't quite get it using llc.

I got the impression when AGESA 1.0.0.5 came out it would address memory issues. Now sounds like people are spouting that that will only be in 1.0.0.6.

Hope when it's close to time for 1.0.0.6 we don't start hearing it'll be in 7.

Beginning to wonder if they'll get it sorted before zen+

Associate
I've just bought this board. Cannot decide if to build with it or send it back. With Computex just a month away i'm expecting Asus to release a slew of new boards. After all Intel have the Strix line.

This video from a couple of months ago has JJ from Asus explaining that they plan to flesh out the range of AMD boards in the future

Back
Top Bottom