ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Anyone having problems starting games on a cold boot? I must restart the PC at least once or the GPU cannot enumerate the display resolution for full screen mode. Sometimes it takes a few restarts to sort out on BIOS 1202. Some games crash with an error other just do nothing.

Soldato
Anyone having problems starting games on a cold boot? I must restart the PC at least once or the GPU cannot enumerate the display resolution for full screen mode. Sometimes it takes a few restarts to sort out on BIOS 1202. Some games crash with an error other just do nothing.

Are you running with your BCLK higher than 104 ? If you are you need to set your GPU to Gen2 in the bios.

Soldato
EK Monoblock turned up today... :)

Annoyingly no time to fit it this weekend but looking forward to that! Also about time to order some new expensive RAM so things are looking good for the new BIOS when it arrives out of beta.

Slight snag is i'll probably want to get the new AMD/Intel CPU just after its done haha!

Associate
Yeah, I had an issue with usb getting 'reset', for lack of a better term.

So they would be disconnecting and reconnecting fairly often.

I didn't attribute it to Oc, but I haven't noticed it happen since being back on stock.
Even with stock BIOS settings, USB devices are disconnecting and reconnecting randomly for me.

Edit: The USB 2.0 ports are fine, it's just the USB 3 that appear to be glitching out.

Last edited:
Soldato
BIOS 9945 worked a treat for my dual rank Corsair sticks 32GB, literally first go at the stock volts of 1.35 boots @ 3,000 fine with the CPU at 4.1ghz. Time to invest in some faster sticks at last ;)

Associate
Even with stock BIOS settings, USB devices are disconnecting and reconnecting randomly for me.

Edit: The USB 2.0 ports are fine, it's just the USB 3 that appear to be glitching out.

this is happening to me as well, only noticing it on my usb mouse. keyboard seems fun in assigned usb 3 port though.

Associate
I am so glad I don't seem to be experiencing USB issues. I got a motherboard with a huge amount of USB ports after my previous Rampage II Extreme had some faulty ones and it was a nightmare... heh.

Associate
Hi guys :)
I've got my gskill rgb trident z 2 x8gb running at 3200 but it takes about 3 boot attempts when cold.
Are there any settings I should set my ram at?
I'm on the latest bios (I think)
Thanks
What are your settings? Increased SOC helped me as cold boot issues I call unstable.

Soldato
Hi guys :)
I've got my gskill rgb trident z 2 x8gb running at 3200 but it takes about 3 boot attempts when cold.
Are there any settings I should set my ram at?
I'm on the latest bios (I think)
Thanks

Cold boot issues are still happening to a few.

There's a DRAM Boot voltage, I set this to 1.4v which is higher than my standard DRAM voltage.

Other voltage increases may solve it too. Basically the multiple boot attempts are the memory failing to train.

Soldato
Just curious but is the 4 pin CPU in the top left meant to be plugged in aswell as the 8 pin or just the 8 pin ? I only ask as it only just dawned on me although in most videos of any mobo which has both connectors I've only ever seen the 8 pin plugged in with the 4 pin left empty.

Soldato
I understand about boot voltage
But most other stuff like soc voltage e.t.c looks like Chinese to me lol
Still in training I am

This thread will be most useful to you: http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

Treat SOC as IMC in this case, 1.1v is usually enough for most cases, I've not ever required above 1.15v and do not go above 1.2v.

Just curious but is the 4 pin CPU in the top left meant to be plugged in aswell as the 8 pin or just the 8 pin ? I only ask as it only just dawned on me although in most videos of any mobo which has both connectors I've only ever seen the 8 pin plugged in with the 4 pin left empty.

It's not required, most don't have it connected, it's an option for extra overclocking.
I have the extra 4-pin connected, i do not see any difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom