ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
I wish they would get rid of the 20C offset or make it transparent to the system. I never know wtf is going on with temps and Ryzen Master thinks idle is 9C.

Associate
I have an issue with the Realtek HD Audio Manager software reverting the sound Amplify to "Extreme" even after I've set it to Performance (aka normal). Anyone know what the issue with this is? It's incredibly annoying. I have to set it after every restart and sometimes it randomly resets after a few days....

Also it turns out that there's no "surround sound" available when using optical especially during gaming, e.g. no DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live. ASUS is pulling a fast one on people, there's a way to "fix" this by using a hacked driver - they're just refusing to put it in the official driver. I am angry and wouldn't want to buy ASUS again after being mislead and forced to install dodgy software like this.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I have all my parts lined up for weekend swap :)
1800X with Dark Pro 3200 RAM from MM and CH6.
Where do I get the new bios from? I see that in their web page it is only listing 1201?

DO I just update the bios or is there anything else?
First AMD platform since Thunderbird 600 mind you, so I am a newbie when it comes to this (Intel on the other hand - let's just say I have a [email protected] under custom water)

Soldato
If this is the official BIOS, why isn't it up on ASUS's website?

Coz they're slow moving to repackaging it in to the official release I guess... Elmor is the guy actually writing it so you can trust it for sure - he posts beta versions a lot which some are good some not so.

Associate
If this is the official BIOS, why isn't it up on ASUS's website?

Because it's still a beta version. Once it's passed ASUS internal testing they'll put on the support pages as an official release. In the meantime Elmor posts the latest builds to the overclock.net thread for additonal testing by the community. So if you want to take advantage of the very latest builds, go ahead. Of course you also run the risk of something going very wrong with your PC.

Soldato
HAving lot of issues with my new CH6. It worked for couple of days at stock with 1800X and 3200 ram but all of a sudden turned off and now will not boot!
RGB Lights are on and changing colors, CPU ready LED is on and Green but does not boot.
Tried reseating the CPU and cooler(NH-D15 SE), tried loosening the backplate and a different cooler(AM3), tried flashing bios with usb at the back of the board but does not seem like it is flashing - makes me to think mobo is dead/bricked!

Had high hopes for Ryzen - feels let down by Asus to be honest.
Going to return the motherboard and get a different one :(

EDIT : Tried outside the case as well but no go. Would the mobo considered "Dead" if bios flash from usb from the back does not even start?

Last edited:
Associate
HAving lot of issues with my new CH6. It worked for couple of days at stock with 1800X and 3200 ram but all of a sudden turned off and now will not boot!
RGB Lights are on and changing colors, CPU ready LED is on and Green but does not boot.
Tried reseating the CPU and cooler(NH-D15 SE), tried loosening the backplate and a different cooler(AM3), tried flashing bios with usb at the back of the board but does not seem like it is flashing - makes me to think mobo is dead/bricked!

Had high hopes for Ryzen - feels let down by Asus to be honest.
Going to return the motherboard and get a different one :(

EDIT : Tried outside the case as well but no go. Would the mobo considered "Dead" if bios flash from usb from the back does not even start?
Sounds like an RMA to me. Is there any error code on the motherboard itself? Could it be the power supply if it doesn't have any power to it?

Associate
I've been trying to get ASUS support to acknowledge that there is an issue with surround sound, but they are flat out telling me I can't get surround sound using SPDIF and said I should return the board if I don't like it. Funny, they advertise 8 channel audio yet I can only get 2-channels via the more advanced port? The only solution is to use a cracked driver, which I confirm works and I get DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live and thus multichannel audio in games.

Here's a link to the issue, it has been working before, then the Windows 10 Creator's Update broke it, but then MS fixed it but now ASUS won't patch the driver.

Soldato
Sounds like an RMA to me. Is there any error code on the motherboard itself? Could it be the power supply if it doesn't have any power to it?
No error code. Tried a different power supply as well. Rgb lights are on and they change color, CMOS clear, start buttons light up.
When I press the CMOS clear it seems to clear it sometimes(board goes off and on again, well the rgb lights at least).

Associate
No error code. Tried a different power supply as well. Rgb lights are on and they change color, CMOS clear, start buttons light up.
When I press the CMOS clear it seems to clear it sometimes(board goes off and on again, well the rgb lights at least).
Have you eliminated the possibility that it's the RAM?

Associate
Good day everyone.

Is it possible to install the kraken x52 or the corsair 100i v2 without the extra am4 bracket? I have heard at this mainboard u can chose if you install thought am3+ or am4 holes.

Back
Top Bottom