*** Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *** (NOW WITH SPOILERS)

Soldato
I understand what you mean, I maybe wouldn't agree that they were perfectly filmed, but I did enjoy their style, certainly would not say they were 'badly' shot.

The latest film has a distinctly different vibe to it, but still familiar (nostalgia for the original trilogy) and is wonderfully shot.

I always thought the prequels felt far too clinical, whether it was the style of CGI at the time or something else, but every scene just felt too artificial.

TFA went back to proper filming with live sets etc and was much better for it

Soldato
It looks great, but honestly I worry about Felicity Jones. She looks very wooden in the trailers. Acting is more then just looking serious and saying the lines :(

Associate
I've got to say after the loss of my childhood to Lucas' prequels and the disappointment of TFA this has got me pumped, the music alone just gives me shivers.

Man of Honour
agreed TFA was so unbelievably crap. it;s astonishing so many liked it and not only liked it but loved it.
this is looking like a good star wars film.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
agreed TFA was so unbelievably crap. it;s astonishing so many liked it and not only liked it but loved it.

Agreed in part, I think its more on par with the Prequels than the originals but because it looks more like the originals (style wise) people go bonkers over it.

Plus, Mary Sue.... :rolleyes:

TFA was ok a best, not rubbish just ok but RO is looking much better so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
Say what you like about the prequels, but I thought the way they were filmed was perfect.

i don't think i can disagree with this statement more!

they were probably the the worst shot major budget movies i have ever seen - tedious 'shot, reverse shot' dialogue scenes followed by unrealistic special effect leaden garbage (i'm not a fan). it was like a badly made tv show never mind a big budge film.

Rogue one is looking great - getting lucas away from star wars is the best thing that happened to the franchise for decades

Caporegime

You was never going to like it, you hated every thing about it from day 1 announcement, you were negative about everything, leaks, pictures, trailers, even before going to the cinema. I can understand that to an extent, lot's of people cannot cut the ties with the extended universe.

TFA was ok a best, not rubbish just ok but RO is looking much better so far.

How is it looking better?

Your reaction after the TFA trailer....

I almost did a sex wee.... almost! :D

So based off the trailer how is it looking better? :)

Caporegime
It looks great, but honestly I worry about Felicity Jones. She looks very wooden in the trailers. Acting is more then just looking serious and saying the lines :(

Yeah was thinking the same... I do hope it is just due to the small clips being out of context as she is usually a very good actress... some of the lines in the earlier teaser just made me cringe as they seemed so flat/emotionless 'I rebel' 'yes sir' etc.. the sort of thing that even a student in some beginners acting course would be picked up on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

I'm just hoping that it is simply a case of it being out of context or maybe her character is a bit jaded/emotionless or something... perhaps it will work in the context of the wider movie but in the trailer it definitely stood out for me. The film as a whole looks like it could be pretty damn awesome regardless.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
You was never going to like it, you hated every thing about it from day 1 announcement, you were negative about everything, leaks, pictures, trailers, even before going to the cinema. I can understand that to an extent, lot's of people cannot cut the ties with the extended universe.

How is it looking better?

Your reaction after the TFA trailer....

So based off the trailer how is it looking better? :)

I was hyped for TFA based off the trailer, does that mean I can't change my mind after seeing the actual film?

The same thing may well happen with RO (and if I am honest it probably will), will have to wait and see...

Are you the thought police? :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
lol it had nothing to do with cutting the ties, its the fact they remade the first 3 films into one short film, no originality to it.

this looks good and will have to be a new story.

glad you can read minds though, even if it seems the skill isnt very good.

Caporegime
lol it had nothing to do with cutting the ties, its the fact they remade the first 3 films into one short film, no originality to it.

this looks good and will have to be a new story.

glad you can read minds though, even if it seems the skill isnt very good.

You need to go back and look at your TFA posts, I don't need to read minds just remember. All your posts were negative, even from 2012, about 3 years before the film was released you said the films don't cut it anymore because of the EU. So no I'm not a mind reader, I just remember. 1 year out you said it looked terrible too.

You don't need to read minds when someone has already put the evidence out there. Refresh your memory...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/search.php?searchid=24210392

Caporegime
You need to go back and look at your TFA posts, I don't need to read minds just remember. All your posts were negative, even from 2012, about 3 years before the film was released you said the films don't cut it anymore because of the EU. So no I'm not a mind reader, I just remember. 1 year out you said it looked terrible too.

You don't need to read minds when someone has already put the evidence out there. Refresh your memory...

I am Misschief and I approve of this post. :)

Man of Honour

lol. you need to understand what i wrote.
disspointed doesn't mean that it was going to be ****
if that was the case why am i excited about this one?

you're as bad as easyrider. even after taking time to explain it to you multiple times over the years, you still do a full circle and post such nonses.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah yeah it's far too hard for you to just admit you are wrong. Don't worry I'm not about to entertain you arguing black is white for 40 pages. Is there anything you are not an expert in?

Your posts linked clearly show your views prior to release, but it's the same old back pedalling BS rather than admit what you wrote. Man up for once. Admit it.

The post are all there you should read them not me.

Back
Top Bottom