Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

L0rdMike, nah, not yet mate. I love my Rover. It's pretty quick as it is at the moment, has a nice interior and you don't see many well cared for Rovers' driving around. Most of them are owned by chavs or are just full of rust.

It's nice to be different :)

Coco, yeah the weather was pretty crap today, but was much better tonight. Driving home from work earlier on, the ambient temperature was very low and the roads were dry. The car was gripping brilliantly and getting the power down nicely! I absolutely love this little 1.4 when conditions are just right. It bloody flies!

Getting a bit more confidence in driving my Turbo at speed in the wet now.

Had an MR2 meet and got a bit behind so was doing 90 down country roads that were soaking, was fine till I hit a giant puddle and upset the whole balance of the car.

That really did scare me. :eek:

:eek: Jesus!

I was in that position on Saturday night. Driving down the motorway, doing close to a ton, hit a patch of standing water :eek:

I quickly slowed down :D

It'd suit me if it was a bit drier and nice and chilly...cars feel more responsive when the ambient air is cooler, guess they are as well.

Looking foward to this now, my new brake pads should have bedded in by then as well...

Good thinking Si.

Ok, here's the list of current attendee's...

agw_01, possibly accompanied by Marvt74
cymatty
L0rdMike
benneh
Goliath
great advice
Gilly
Coco
Firestar_3x
paradigm
thedazman67
Sam
thebrasso
Replicant
Worthy

Need to double check with a few people though...

Siliconslave
GT3
cheets64

So if everyone could just post once in the thread to confirm their status that would be very helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom