Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

merlin said:
What day is this?

Are there any grown-ups going? :p

Me & Gilly act as responsible adults :)
Infact there's still a few parent/guardian-slips to be handed in for the trip, come on kids sort it out.

And where's this jinxed junction your banging on about? I swear I can't remember a sausage about it.

Coco said:
Me & Gilly act as responsible adults :)
Infact there's still a few parent/guardian-slips to be handed in for the trip, come on kids sort it out.

And where's this jinxed junction your banging on about? I swear I can't remember a sausage about it.

LOL. You two were the craziest (read. silliest) kids there. :p

You were going so fast and your car so light that you probably went off the edge and managed to glide over to the other side. That or you just saw a bend ahead of you and took it at speed.

How fast were you actually taking the bends? All I remember is seeing you getting further and further away.

Rumbled, I've stuck cardboard to the underside of the car with a baking tray at the back to act as a diffuser, mmm downforce :)

Three weeks to go, shall we have awards for 'Cleanest' & 'Dirtyest' cars? ;)

Ive only cleaned my car once. :(

Was funny when Sam opened my engine last night and got scared by the noise of aload of leaves moving about. :D

Was also funny when him and F355 couldnt even find the release for the engive cover. :p

Last edited:
What time are we meeting? I've got a match in the morning I think. It could be on the Saturday though, depends if they've resurfaced their pitch in time. :)

Worthy said:
What time are we meeting? I've got a match in the morning I think. It could be on the Saturday though, depends if they've resurfaced their pitch in time. :)

I saw the first page mentions "11am as last time" but I can't see it being too early to cater for people who may go out on the sauce the night before.

Looking forward to this now..my car handles so much better on proper tyres ;)

Been pouring down here and my right shoulder is 100% soaked.

Was driving for hours and I had a slight drip comming from my T bar, which rolled down the belt and then on to me. :|

Only thing about rain is it makes me a more safe driver, well part from the little bits of flooring it and the car doing a turn on the spot.

Worthy said:

I think it will be around 11 again the restraunt doesnt open until 12, and it takes around 30mins from motorway to restraunt. So that leaves enough time for late comers etc.

lol, I've been very busy recently and so have had no time to check this thread, but that post got my attention. ;)

My Rover will get up the hill fine... in first gear! :D

Yep, meeting at the services at about 11 seems perfect. Not too early and not too late. I think the day finished at around 4 and after all of the fun at the services, IIRC we finally got to the restaurant for just after 12.

Regarding what Mark said... I think the way we were driving, services > restaurant took about... what... 10 minutes? :p

My alternator belt has gone a little bit slack, but I don't dare tighten it up in case the bolt snaps again!

If I fall behind at this meet, I've got an excuse. I'll have a passenger. You guys are lucky, as if I was passenger-less you would all fear the wrath of my 103 horses! :o

agw_01 said:
If I fall behind at this meet, I've got an excuse. I'll have a passenger. You guys are lucky, as if I was passenger-less you would all fear the wrath of my 103 horses! :o

Great, that means i will have three people in my car by the end of the meet. :( :D

Back
Top Bottom