Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Just found out that one of my front tyres is leaking air at an alarming rate! Leaks about 20psi over about 36 hours. Yey, more problems!

Was out in my car tonight hooning around, seeing just what levels of grip I could expect in the crap weather, and tbh, I'm well impressed. Just hope the roads up there aren't too icy :o

Oi L0rdy... we'll have less of that thank you :p

Sam, yep mate, they'll have something to cater for everyone. How about a nice "burger" :D

I sorted out some handouts today at work, so there will be one for each of you. Basically describes the route and meeting plan, so that if anyone does get lost, you'll have a rough idea of how to get back to the group.. and not overshoot any proposed meeting places.

Car's all washed and cleaned.. and the K&N is fitted :D

Prepare for some lollage at the meet tomorrow!

Oh, just so you guys know, if the roads are icy as hell, I'm hanging well back. These tyres are bad enough in the wet :D

Si, didn't know you were into photography mate. The 350D is very nice.

Siliconslave, the only postcode I have is of the first pub, but I've described the route as best as I can, so if you do get seperated, you should have no trouble finding the rest of the group.

Silly boy, I've already mentioned the car park :p

Depending on how busy the pub is, we might just all be able to fit. If not, looks like some of us will have to park up on the roadside.

Who's up for a bit of a tyre warming up session at the services?

I NEED to get some good video footage at this meet, and seeing as how you're all too nasty to let me get in front and wait at 'dead mans junction' for you all to come flying over, this is the only footage I'll get :(

Unless, I set off from the pub a couple of minutes (20 minutes at least :p) earlier in order to set myself up :D

Worthy, really sorry to hear you're not coming mate, was looking forward to meeting you.

Replicant, having not heard from you since early on in the thread, I thought you were a gonner. Glad you can join us though :)

great advice, you look totally different to how I imagined :D Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

benneh, coming from Liverpool, you'll have to get off at Junction 18 and get on the eastbound carrigeway to be on the right side. Otherwise, as you're pulling out from the service station on the westbound, you'll see us all shooting off up the other side of the motorway :D

Anyway, just sorting a few last things out before bed. See you all tomorrow :)

Is it?

If I get on the M62 to come to the services, I go towards Liverpool. I'm on the Eastbound carrigeway.

If I would be coming away from Liverpool towards Manchester I would be on the Westbound carrigeway :confused:

Ahh mate, nevermind. There'll be plenty of opportunities in the future.

Shame you can't hitch a lift with Worthy either.

Anyway bed time now, so see you all tomorrow.

Looks like I'm first to post back :D

Will keep this quick as I've got a couple of other things to do (sorting pictures etc).

Was a brilliant day! Sorry to those who missed it. great advice, you big jessie :p

Another good turnout, and really good to see some new faces.

However, all meets have their downpoints... Gilly sadly had a bit of an accident which resulted in him having to be towed away. Nothing too major (we hope), but we think it was caused by the suspension ball-joint coming out of its socket and thus rendering him with no steering.

We're just thankful that it happened at a low speed through the town rather than doing crazy speeds along the top roads. Oh, speaking of the roads, they were actually very drivable.

Thanks to thebrasso, benneh, Gilly and L0rdMike for the passenger rides. It's going to take me a while to get this grin off my face :D

Anyway, pics to come very shortly.

P.S. I broke down again :D

Gilly, glad you made it home ok mate. Sorry if my constant picture taking was ******* you off. I know you had enough on your plate.

Did the guy drop it off at your house? Any chance you could get it jacked up, wheel off and then assess the damage further? Did the recovery guy give you any indication as to what was wrong?

Went to get back in my car shortly after todays' action, and the damn battery was flat :eek: There was enough power to turn the engine over once, but then the starter just clicked. Doh! Probably having my hazards on killed whatever charge it had in it :( Thank god Mike had a booster pack, otherwise we would have had to push it up the hill to turn it around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom