Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

L0rdMike, nah, not yet mate. I love my Rover. It's pretty quick as it is at the moment, has a nice interior and you don't see many well cared for Rovers' driving around. Most of them are owned by chavs or are just full of rust.

It's nice to be different :)

Coco, yeah the weather was pretty crap today, but was much better tonight. Driving home from work earlier on, the ambient temperature was very low and the roads were dry. The car was gripping brilliantly and getting the power down nicely! I absolutely love this little 1.4 when conditions are just right. It bloody flies!

:eek: Jesus!

I was in that position on Saturday night. Driving down the motorway, doing close to a ton, hit a patch of standing water :eek:

I quickly slowed down :D

Good thinking Si.

Ok, here's the list of current attendee's...

agw_01, possibly accompanied by Marvt74
cymatty
L0rdMike
benneh
Goliath
great advice
Gilly
Coco
Firestar_3x
paradigm
thedazman67
Sam
thebrasso
Replicant
Worthy

Need to double check with a few people though...

Siliconslave
GT3
cheets64

So if everyone could just post once in the thread to confirm their status that would be very helpful :)

Thanks great Silicon :) Coming in the 5?

Daz, my pads need replacing quite soon actually :( cba spending money on them when I'll be replacing the whole setup in a few months.

With any luck, it'll be dry like it was the other day. The car felt amazing though. Very low ambient temps and good surface contact. It was like a rocket :cool: /hides

Gilly said:
A 1.4 (IIRC) Rover rocket. This I must see :)

Oh not you as well :rolleyes: :p

Well, when it's all you're used to, it does feel quick.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want a faster car ;)

Yep, you're right, 1.4. 103 horses of british beef! (I keep saying that like it's a good thing :o)

cymatty said:
AGW he drives like a woman.

LMAO, if my wheels weren't spinning when we went down Saddleworth the other week I would have had you! :mad: and you knows it! :cool:

lol Gilly, ok, so maybe it's not a rocket ;) but it can still bring a smile to my face :p

/Awaits further comments regarding my car :D

Was waiting for something like that.

Anyway... the view that most people see...

agw_01 pwns all n00bs

Oh, this meet should be more interesting than the last one, especially with my car cutting out randomly :D

Started a few days ago :( Damn CTS sensor.

thedazman67 said:
another sensor jeez whats the cts sensor for.

thedazman

lol, it's the same sensor :) Just getting a bit worse.

After the last meet, it started behaving itself and I had absolutely no problems at all. Then, at the start of October the problems came back.

Now, with the cold starts, the sensor must be getting very confused and so is dumping WAYYYYYYYYYY too much fuel into the engine. It's fine if I start it in the morning, but if I leave it parked at work for the day and come back out to it, it'll start up ok. If I go to drive off, I'll get up the road to a junction, dip the clutch and the revs will go right down to 0 :(

Ah well, at least it starts back up almost instantly which is one less thing to worry about.

The worst thing is, is that the sensor costs a mere £17 to replace. I just can't afford it at the moment.

L0rdMike said:
You cant afford £17

Not if I want to afford petrol for the meet.

LOL at the rest of these replies. Good job I've got a SOH. You guys could reduce someone to tears :D

Simon, I had a ride in a 280bhp Pulsar a couple of years ago. That was fun! I distinctly remember shouting naughty words everytime the guy put his foot down :D

lol, 214 syndrome. I like the sound of that. It's not like I'm a regular participant in traffic-light GP's though :p And yes, the 1.4 is the fastest car I've ever driven :D

cymatty, well now you come to mention it, there's a little mod you can to do to unleash one million horsepower :p

merlin, I can see you've never driven a Rover 214. They're the fastest things going! I think you should swap your Teg for one. You WON'T go back!

Done :)

If you reserve a couple more places than we need, it'll give us a good backup plan. Although, do they even have a table big enough :D

Hmm, maybe we'll get to sit in the fancy part this time.

L0rdmike, prepare to* get 0wned! :D

*0wn me

Goliath, that's cool mate. Glad you're still coming. We probably won't leave the pub until gone 1ish, so should be there for when you arrive.

great advice, like I said, we'll be at the pub until gone 1pm, so I'm sure you won't have a problem dropping your wife back off at home and getting down to the pub in time ;)

Do you know where it is?

Where we're going... they don't have post codes ;)

Take Junction 22 off the M62 Eastbound and follow it round. You'll come to a junction just after the motorway, so take a left from there.

Follow it for another couple of miles and you'll come to a pub on the left. That's where we'll be. :)

Get on MSN sometime and we'll swap phone numbers. That way, you'll be able to let us know if you'll be late :)

Coco said:
Ooooooooh! I see!!! ;)

No Matt, I don't think you do ;)

Even though you know where the pub is, you'll still overshoot it by 20 miles. Daz pulled 'a coco' when me and Si met up with him a few weeks ago. So it seems you're not alone in your antics!

Oh, congrats on the 100th posts! n00b :p :D

Sorry guys, been slacking recently. Worked my ass off this weekend, both at the pub and also doing a bit of on-site security ;)

Also met a girl on Friday night at the pub, so been a little bit pre-occupied :D

Si, I'll get the final numbers for you tomorrow. I'll check the thread and see's who's confirmed that they're coming, as I know there are several people who posted back on page 3 and haven't said anything since.

Oh, numbers in names = gr3at!

thedazman67, thanks a lot mate :) It was only a coke, so you really needn't bother.

Back
Top Bottom