Rome 2 : Total War

Associate
oh yes Plz !

Rome 2: Total War appears to be the next RTS game underway at UK studio The Creative Assembly.

The next month page of Australian mag PC PowerPlay features an image of the original Rome game along with a large 'II', a more than subtle hint that it's set to show off a sequel to the 2004 strategy gem.

CA's seemingly imminent announcement is backed up by an upcoming appearance at the Rezzed show in Brighton, where next month it's due to show "a sneak peek of what we're doing next."

Source

Associate
Was the first total war game i played and i have played everyone since. Still find it to be the best although shogun 2 came close. Very excited :D.

Associate
Heres+_916624f6f8252ca5445d5cbb52082e93.jpg

feel like this right now if its true :D

Associate
Its 100% true its been worked on for a while a real life best mate is a lead programmer there. Ive known about it since before xmas.

Personally cant wait:cool:

as the cats out the bag im sure he wont mind me mentioning it

Soldato
I didn't buy Napolean or Shogun 2 after the whole Empire unpleasentness.

Despite the inevitable lousy battle/diplomacy AI, broken sieges, poor patch support and numerous other endlessly repeated bugs, I will have to get my grubby mitts on Rome 2! This era kicks bottom.

Man of Honour
I didn't buy Napolean or Shogun 2 after the whole Empire unpleasentness.

Despite the inevitable lousy battle/diplomacy AI, broken sieges, poor patch support and numerous other endlessly repeated bugs, I will have to get my grubby mitts on Rome 2! This era kicks bottom.

You missed out on 2 fantastic games, they got a lot better after Empire. This gives me hope for Rome 2.

Soldato
Agree with CaptainRAVE, Empire was poor but the two follow ups were nice. I prefered Shogun 2 by a mile though probably as I'm not an enormous fan of more modern era RTS on the whole though.

Great news if there is a revisit to ROME, although I'd love them to do the same with MTWII at some point too.

Caporegime
A rare thing these days. What I call a NHG (new hardware game).

The rare occurrence where I would be prepared to shell out a few hundred to get the best experience from a new game. Actually there's 2 coming. This and Sim City 5.

Back
Top Bottom