Ronda Rousey to join WWE - Royal Rumble 2018

Soldato
Why are you so mad man?

We're in a thread about fake wrestling that grown ups watch. And you can't get your head around the idea that the personality you saw in the media was fake?

The difference is in MMA when you lose, it's not planned. She couldn't take it and dissapeared. Thats got nothing to do with the character she portrayed when she was fighting.

Soldato
I'm mad? Er, ok. Not sure why you think I'm angry, but whatever.

You asked why people don't like her, I explained why. All you guys can come out with is waffle to justify your position, while claiming that I'm angry.
We're not talking about wrestling. YOU are the one that started this particular discussion in regards to her MMA career, but now I'm apparently in the wrong because we're talking about wrestling...

n9TaKge.gif

Maybe you can't get your head around it.

Oh, and

The difference is in MMA when you lose, it's not planned. She couldn't take it and dissapeared. Thats got nothing to do with the character she portrayed when she was fighting.

It kinda does have a lot to do with the character 'she portrayed'. It shows her up for the beaten bully that she is/was, rather than the champion she should've been. See the examples I gave earlier for a direct comparison.
She displayed the exact same behaviour you see when the previously untouchable school bully gets their arse handed to them.

She bought into her own hype/success and became a nasty piece of work that acted like a child when things didn't go her way. "Twice the pride, double the fall".

Also, Hotwired says that she vanished for notoriety reasons as part of her act. You say it was because she couldn't take it.
Which one is it?

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't really ever get the hype surrounding Ronda Rousey anyway, in my opinion she was a pretty one-dimensional MMA fighter who got exposed as soon as there was more depth in womens MMA. I'm not sure how she'll get on in WWE as I don't watch it, but based on her lack of popularity among a lot of MMA fans and the way she acted leading up to fights I can only see her playing the heel.

Soldato
Whatever pal, you're obviously desperate for an argument over a bird who went from MMA to WWE.

Believe it or not howired and I aren't a 'tag team'.

Keep on doing your thing fella.

Soldato
Ah, the classic tactic of trying to paint the other guy in a certain light when your argument fails.

Like Ronda, you can't lose with grace either.

Funny how you go to the trouble of writing this post, but now it's just "some bird who went from MMA to WWE".

Last edited:
Soldato
He's right you know.

I don't watch any of this fighting lark. I'm simply aware of deliberate performances to sell an image and it certainly doesn't have to be a clean cut one.

But you do seem excessively bitter on how she presents herself.

Soldato
If you don't watch it, why do you feel qualified in giving an opinion?

Bitter? I can see why you think that. I'm not bitter, but I do think she's a bit of a ****.
Her behaviour isn't limited to pre-fight promotion.

EDIT: I never said she should be a clean cut role model or anything of the sort.
Look back at what I said regarding the likes of McGregor, Bisping and Chael bloody Sonnen. All present themselves as complete tossers in pre-fight buildups, yet win or lose, they can show respect to their opponent when it's all done.

Last edited:
Soldato
How have you managed to come to that conclusion?
My question is fair. How can you possibly feel qualified in giving an opinion on something you don't even follow?

Perhaps you're the one who thinks too much of their own opinion, since you've basically admitted that you don't actually know you're talking about, yet you somehow think you know better.

"Settle down"?
Notice how neither of you can actually argue against any of the points I've made, and instead have to rely on trying to make out I'm being aggressive or argumentative to steer it away from the actual conversation.
Its always butthurt diversion tactics and 'You're argumentative' when your own argument fails... I swear you people are mass produced in cloning facilities.

Soldato
You see the thread above this one?

It's as relevant as claiming that no one understands you.

You obviously don't like her, I couldn't care less. Go and look at the first post I made to you.

It was light cynicism. Firstly querying if you understood that they are selling a performance and secondly wondering if you were taking it seriously.

And this is where we are now, page two of you flipping out and claiming I'm in cahoots with some other person going past.

Yeah, settle down is about right.

Soldato
Flipping out... There you go again with the standard forum exaggeration tactics.

I understand what a performance is, thank you. Maybe you don't get that it's not. Not entirely anyway.
As I said, her behaviour is not limited to pre-fight build ups. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
I've given examples of the behaviour of other fighters in comparison. Fighters who are notorious for their performances, but lets just ignore that and carry on with the exaggeration and diversions.

How about you settle down and stop thinking so much of your own opinion.

Hey wait, you're the guy who thinks her disappearing acts are for noteriety. Yeah, ok buddy.

Last edited:
Soldato
When are you going to understand that people can read what you have to say and not agree.

Between us you're the only one who insists the other is wrong while standing on the solid ground of your opinion.

And yes, your use of words does in fact come across as someone flipping out. I'm the second one to say such a thing, it's on your side.

Soldato
If you were coming from a position of someone who follows the sport and the antics of those involved, then maybe you'd be in a better position to have an opinion.
But you're not. You said so yourself.

All you've done is repeat that it's all an act and carry on like I'm too dumb to know the difference between hyping a fight and being a genuine douche, despite me explaining my point and giving multiple examples of fighters who put on an act, yet don't behave like her after the fact. Win or lose.

You're welcome to your opinion, but don't patronise me when you're coming from a position of ignorance and aren't even able to debate what's been said, let alone act like your opinion means anything when you have no knowledge of the subject in question.

You carry on relying on exaggeration and character attacks, rather than actually discussing the point when your own weak arguments don't hold up.

Soldato
Christ dude look at what you're typing, you're so hyped up and ancy over a thread in a forum regarding mma and fake wrestling.

I'm not trying to paint you as anything, you're doing that all by yourself. And your attitude to a conversation; that you have 'won' and everyone else had 'lost', is precisely the reason.

I said I don't get the hate, and I still don't. I never targeted you or tried to go on the offensive, I simply said she had to sell fights, and she did a hell of a lot for women's mma. Oh, and that when she lost she couldn't hack it.

You jumped on the attack, at me and others in this thread, posting weird gifs, telling people they don't have the right to an opinion, and deciding there was something to 'win', writing long diatribes with swearing and all this weird bitterness.

Just chill out a bit mate.

Soldato
Sure, I'm making an argument.

That would be why I made an opening post with a shocked emote stuck on the end.

Reality is I came in to make light discussion and especially this last page you've been over-reacting ridiculously. Also pretty sure you're mixing up several posters.

I've barely said a word about Rhonda and now half what I've posted is reacting to your posting style.

Here, read them all

Do you think she might be faking it? :eek:

It's as fake as every public facing job.

A performance is required.

If someone wants to sell that image then it's their business.

Well I can see it's had the right effect on you. You're emotionally connected now and thinking about her.

Attention is attention, the worst thing is to be known for nothing.

Notoriety.

He's right you know.

I don't watch any of this fighting lark. I'm simply aware of deliberate performances to sell an image and it certainly doesn't have to be a clean cut one.

But you do seem excessively bitter on how she presents herself.

Settle down now.

It's showing that you think too much of your own opinion and can't bear to think that another exists.

At least for a specific female selling fighting performances.

You see the thread above this one?

It's as relevant as claiming that no one understands you.

You obviously don't like her, I couldn't care less. Go and look at the first post I made to you.

It was light cynicism. Firstly querying if you understood that they are selling a performance and secondly wondering if you were taking it seriously.

And this is where we are now, page two of you flipping out and claiming I'm in cahoots with some other person going past.

Yeah, settle down is about right.

When are you going to understand that people can read what you have to say and not agree.

Between us you're the only one who insists the other is wrong while standing on the solid ground of your opinion.

And yes, your use of words does in fact come across as someone flipping out. I'm the second one to say such a thing, it's on your side.

Essentially you're trying too hard to argue against a figment of your imagination.

I've never said I cared about the fighter or the sport. I found the scenario interesting and posted to comment on the scenario.

Then the next half of the posts are about your posting attitude.

Soldato
Gawd, you guys certainly know how to twist things... I don't even think you know you're doing it, just as you don't think I know I'm doing what you accuse me of.
It's like arguing with the missus. No matter what, she'll take herself out of the equation and make you the bad guy.

I guess we're all delusional.

Back
Top Bottom