Ronski's Solar & battery DIY build with whole house backup

Soldato
OP
Just found it, the last line is the catch - that's a pain!

Hopefully my electrician can come up with some good prices.

Goods shipped to the UK from abroad​

Effective 1 January 2021, eBay is required to collect VAT on certain orders delivered to UK addresses:

• Orders up to £135 sent from outside the UK
  • Orders of any value where the item is located in the UK, but the seller is not a UK seller

For higher value items, VAT and duties are also likely to apply. However, VAT on purchases valued at over £135 will be payable directly to the UK customs authorities by the buyer.

Associate
Ah, that will teach me to check out the link he posted .

Ron-ski, since this is a DIY build and in the DIY theme, I hope to see you using a Raspberry PI to control it all, as it works very well.
Plus its really cheap (I'm Welsh) :)

Soldato
@Journey Nice one, was just about to Google to see what I can find, thanks. Unfortunately can't purchase the inverter(s) until I've talked to the electrician and decided which way we're going.

No bother, I am still up in the air as well due to the ENA registration issue, but have to make a decision soon as I am taking my current system out at the end of next month. I'll keep you updated here if I see any better prices, but all the feedback I have had so far, they have been the cheapest.

Soldato
I can make room in the garage for two Multiplu II 48/5000s, especially at a saving of £575 and no external anti islanding, although there will no doubt be extra electrical work.

Are you going whole house back up?

Yes, I am switching from a GivEnergy system, to a fully islanded setup with a view to using the second AC-in (generator) on the Quattro with a V2L, so basically a 55kWh+ sized battery, as well as the 9.6kWh-14.4kWh 48v DC battery that will be static. Keeping the same solar panels etc. I'm actually making a slight profit on my old gear due tot the price rises, and the fact my original inverter had a fault, so I'll have a new in box Gen 2 one to sell.

Soldato
As far as I can tell the Quattro doesn't have anti-islanding and it therefore needs an external system

The first part of the link explains the Quattro is rated for LOM in the UK, and also what I have been told via an installer is that I don't require a secondary device, like a Ziehl, in the UK

Back
Top Bottom