rookie overclock query

Associate
Hi, just wanted a bit of feedback about these stats on my overclock settings. I'm a rookie at this and am a bit concerned with the ram voltage which someone told me was too high.

On an asus pz68 board with a i5 25k;
By all cores; 45
Cpu voltage; 1.224
Dram; 1.671
Using a corsair h60 cooler

Please note, the cpu and ram voltages set themselves automatically after I'd adjusted the multiplier.

I stress tested with prime95 for over an hour and the hottest temp. I got on only one core was 96deg.

Does this look normal and is there anything I need to be careful of?

Thanks!

Soldato
Dram voltage ideally shouldn't be higher then ~1.55v on sb, though I would put 1.65v as a max.

Temps are far far too high, only a few degrees away from the tjmax. New cooler time if you want to go that high.

Edit: didn't sew you had a h60, something is wrong then, it's either not working or its not seated correctly, no way should a h60 give 96c at 4.5ghz/1.224v.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers appreciate the help.
idle temp was 26 deg. before work I put the multiplier down to 38, but it made no difference to the ram voltage (even after saving and restart). it didnt seem like i could alter it manually, but I ran out of time so Ill take another look later and revert all settings to what they were previously.
it seems ive got to look at this a bit more closely and will be after a none stop work stint that lasts till thursday.
cheers guys

Associate
OP
set the multiplier back down to 38 and manually set the ram to 1.35volts. max idel temp is 28deg.

Top Bottom