rookie overclock query

Associate
Hi, just wanted a bit of feedback about these stats on my overclock settings. I'm a rookie at this and am a bit concerned with the ram voltage which someone told me was too high.

On an asus pz68 board with a i5 25k;
By all cores; 45
Cpu voltage; 1.224
Dram; 1.671
Using a corsair h60 cooler

Please note, the cpu and ram voltages set themselves automatically after I'd adjusted the multiplier.

I stress tested with prime95 for over an hour and the hottest temp. I got on only one core was 96deg.

Does this look normal and is there anything I need to be careful of?

Thanks!

Soldato
Dram voltage ideally shouldn't be higher then ~1.55v on sb, though I would put 1.65v as a max.

Temps are far far too high, only a few degrees away from the tjmax. New cooler time if you want to go that high.

Edit: didn't sew you had a h60, something is wrong then, it's either not working or its not seated correctly, no way should a h60 give 96c at 4.5ghz/1.224v.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers appreciate the help.
idle temp was 26 deg. before work I put the multiplier down to 38, but it made no difference to the ram voltage (even after saving and restart). it didnt seem like i could alter it manually, but I ran out of time so Ill take another look later and revert all settings to what they were previously.
it seems ive got to look at this a bit more closely and will be after a none stop work stint that lasts till thursday.
cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom