Royal Male Destroyed My Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It seems retarded and inconceivable that they would destroy an expensive camera for the sake of some small batteries - especially if they were in the camera at the time. Good luck OP!

Soldato
Wow I hope you get something back out of this. It seems ridiculous to me to destroy the entire package...

As others have said, how did they know precisely what was in it? If you told them when you sent it they should not have accepted it, if you didn't then they for some reason decided to open your package...

How was it destroyed? Why could you have not been contacted to collect it?

Associate
I've sent items with batteries included couple of times and I've never had this issue. (I even sent one few days ago and it arrived fine.)

Sounds like it's stolen, considering how expensive the camera/lens is.

Soldato
That is crazy, who came up with (apparent) idea that anything that contains batteries must instantly be destroyed. Last few times I have posted things I have been asked whether it has got batteries in. Every time I said no though did realise afterwards one of the items was a motherboard, figured if they picked it up I could claim ignorance.

Really hope you get it sorted though, would be interesting to know how they found out it had batteries if you didn’t tell them though. “Oh this package looks interesting, like it could contain something valuable I think I will open it – there’s batters it must be destroyed instantly! I think the best way to destroy is if I take it home.”

Soldato
So that means anything that contains a battery (like a mobile phone) can't be shipped via Royal Mail?

potentially. depends on the conditions stated on their web page. deemed a potential fire hazard if the batteries are not correctly packaged.

they have been warning about this restriction coming into force for some time though. id expect other couriers to follow suit too.

Soldato
That is crazy, who came up with (apparent) idea that anything that contains batteries must instantly be destroyed. Last few times I have posted things I have been asked whether it has got batteries in. Every time I said no though did realise afterwards one of the items was a motherboard, figured if they picked it up I could claim ignorance.

Really hope you get it sorted though, would be interesting to know how they found out it had batteries if you didn’t tell them though. “Oh this package looks interesting, like it could contain something valuable I think I will open it – there’s batters it must be destroyed instantly! I think the best way to destroy is if I take it home.”

Anything sent by air will be x-rayed to check for prohibited items in line with CAA regulations. Because of the next day guarantee a substantial amount of SD items are sent by air.

Associate
Recently sent a monitor via Royal Mail Special Del, was asked if it contained any batteries, which obviously it didn't but I got the impression they would have labelled it as such if needed.

Sounds really fishy to me hope you get it sorted Op

Caporegime

a lipo fire was listed as the cause of a ups plane crash some years ago everyone got paranoid at that point and hobbyking had to change their shipping routes because of it.
maybe RM finally caught on :p

Soldato
more importantly, HOW did royal mail found out there were some batteries inside the package?

was it sent via air? or? more information needed!

still sucks to be you! take RM to court!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom