• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
But the scalping is due to the mining! It's just one big snowball effect.

How anyone can think that the issues we face are NOT because many of the cards were (and still are but to a lesser extent) literal money printers and ended up being free after a few months is beyond me.

Something that is free and generates money will have never-ending demand.

The scalping is Not just because of mining it's also because of the component shortages world wide and the covid pandemic stop posting it's the Miners all the time :p

Associate
But the scalping is due to the mining! It's just one big snowball effect.

How anyone can think that the issues we face are NOT because many of the cards were (and still are but to a lesser extent) literal money printers and ended up being free after a few months is beyond me.

Something that is free and generates money will have never-ending demand.

I think the scalping has just caused a vicious cycle now. Scalper prices have made people see £240 for a 3050 as a good deal, so people want the card, so scalpers make bots to buy the card, which then keeps the buying public thinking that this is a good price. One day it will all collapse like a house of cards.

Caporegime
I think the scalping has just caused a vicious cycle now. Scalper prices have made people see £240 for a 3050 as a good deal, so people want the card, so scalpers make bots to buy the card, which then keeps the buying public thinking that this is a good price. One day it will all collapse like a house of cards.

Oh i agree. It has made the whole market a bit of a frenzy.

As you say, like all silliness like this, it will collapse at some point.

Associate
He even has the cheek to amend his description 15 minutes after creating the auction to say order is confirmed by OC, other than they will have no card to sell there is no real penalty to him sadly.

Doesn't ebay have a policy of requiring the seller to register as a business if they are buying for the sole intent to resell?

Who knows whether they do anything if the seller is reported though.

Soldato
Another thanks to @Gibbo and the rest of the OcUK team for looking after gamers, managed to get one of the £240 Palit cards for my son who has been desperate to play RTX minecraft for... I don't even know how long :D

Associate
Thanks too @Gibbo's supreme efforts (for those who haven't the seen the posts in Gibbo's ** NVIDIA GEFORE RTX 3050 @ £239.99 Inc. VAT thread in the Graphics Cards - Forum Member Deal sub-forum, he really put in a Herculean effort to get that deal sorted), I managed to snag one of the Palit's at MSRP.

Not only is Gibbo the only one who would go through so much trouble to get forums members these kind of deals, he also posts the most insightful info about the industry which you won't find anywhere else.

So nice upgrade from current 4GB 470 - should almost double my frames plus 8GB. And all at a price which, for 2022, was pretty good!

Associate
Thanks too @Gibbo's supreme efforts (for those who haven't the seen the posts in Gibbo's ** NVIDIA GEFORE RTX 3050 @ £239.99 Inc. VAT thread in the Graphics Cards - Forum Member Deal sub-forum, he really put in a Herculean effort to get that deal sorted), I managed to snag one of the Palit's at MSRP.

Not only is Gibbo the only one who would go through so much trouble to get forums members these kind of deals, he also posts the most insightful info about the industry which you won't find anywhere else.

So nice upgrade from current 4GB 470 - should almost double my frames plus 8GB. And all at a price which, for 2022, was pretty good!

4GB 470 is exactly the same as I've got. Mines getting near the point I would upgrade in a normal market, but this time round it'll probably be a full PC rather than just a GPU upgrade as my CPU is now at the minimum I currently need.

Back
Top Bottom