• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Caporegime
Which card did you order please, if you can give me the stock code? RMA has no ability to reserve stock by the way so they are not been difficult it is just beyond their power.
However I do have power and if need be I can just pull all the stock from sale, that way it ensures one is left for you come replacement time.
Let me know the stock code and if they are in stock and on sale I shall remove the ability for customers to buy them until yours is replaced. :)

That would be great! Thank you.

It is the Palit GeForce RTX 3050 StormX (the one in the RRP deal you did) SKU GX-06J-PL i think.

The guy i am speaking to re customer service says that he doesn't think Palit do end user RMA's so i really am quite surprised that if it is OCUK's responsibility to provide the warranty, they don't have the ability to hold or have some stock in reserve for replacements.

As you can imagine, if i send it back and you suddenly have no stock left, iam left with either having no gpu (and no PC - bought the 12700 KF with no on board gpu :( ), or having to buy one above RRP.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
That would be great! Thank you.

It is the Palit GeForce RTX 3050 StormX (the one in the RRP deal you did) SKU GX-06J-PL i think.

The guy i am speaking to re customer service says that he doesn't think Palit do end user RMA's so i really am quite surprised that if it is OCUK's responsibility to provide the warranty, they don't have the ability to hold or have some stock in reserve for replacements.

As you can imagine, if i send it back and you suddenly have no stock left, iam left with either having no gpu (and no PC - bought the 12700 KF with no on board gpu :( ), or having to buy one above RRP.

These are trying times, there would normally never be any requirement to reserve retail stock for RMA's, because normally retail stock is easily obtained from distribution or the board partner can arrange a replacement or repair, but right now stock is still dire and shortages still apparent.

Prices could rocket again soon, so this dip were experience could be short lived, Shenzen is in lock down, Hong Kong also has a huge covid outbreak with record deaths, the Far East is going back in lock down and the war is now causing disruptions, so I'd not be surprised at all if next month the prices rocket back again and this price drop is short lived.

The cards in question are now removed from sale by myself, once you get your replacement can you please let me know so I can put said cards back on sale. :)

Caporegime
These are trying times, there would normally never be any requirement to reserve retail stock for RMA's, because normally retail stock is easily obtained from distribution or the board partner can arrange a replacement or repair, but right now stock is still dire and shortages still apparent.

Prices could rocket again soon, so this dip were experience could be short lived, Shenzen is in lock down, Hong Kong also has a huge covid outbreak with record deaths, the Far East is going back in lock down and the war is now causing disruptions, so I'd not be surprised at all if next month the prices rocket back again and this price drop is short lived.

The cards in question are now removed from sale by myself, once you get your replacement can you please let me know so I can put said cards back on sale. :)

Great, thanks so much Gibbo. I will let you know as soon as the replacement has shipped.

Associate
I'm still debating buying an RTX 3050 8GB. I can see the Palit single fan model available at a resonable price at multiple places (cheapest I've seen is £275 + <£2 for delivery), but the problems others are having doesn't fill me with hope. Ideally, I wanted a much lower end gpu, but still nothing else out (with video decoders that AMD is missing on the low end, so no 6400/6500). I'll wait for 4GB 3050 for now, which is still much faster than I need. I heard rumours they were coming out any time now.

Caporegime
I'm still debating buying an RTX 3050 8GB. I can see the Palit single fan model available at a resonable price at multiple places (cheapest I've seen is £275 + <£2 for delivery), but the problems others are having doesn't fill me with hope. Ideally, I wanted a much lower end gpu, but still nothing else out (with video decoders that AMD is missing on the low end, so no 6400/6500). I'll wait for 4GB 3050 for now, which is still much faster than I need. I heard rumours they were coming out any time now.

The display driver crashing at idle/low load issue doesn't seem to be with just the Palit. Seems to have been reported on other brands.

Sounds like some of the chips just arent stable at the idle/low power voltages.

Really odd problem. Literally played games for hours on it with no crashes (ie it has not crashed once in game, in multiple different games). Yet it crashes fairly regularly when browsing the web/going through windows settings/explorer etc.

it is a shame, as it is otherwise a great little card.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not had any problems with the Palit, though only a few hours gaming in there. Many hours of low load use, with no problems. No crashing. No freezing. All good.

Associate
I've not had any problems with the Palit, though only a few hours gaming in there. Many hours of low load use, with no problems. No crashing. No freezing. All good.

It sounds like there are a bad batch of 3050's that crash frequently on idle. Not sure if those can be fixed by a software update, eventually. I'm going to hold off for now, since I'm busy enough for the next 6 weeks, but I hope the prices are at least still around £300, even if the 4GB one isn't out then.

Caporegime

I've decided to have a refund instead due to the amount of issues i have read on other forums with people having the same instability at idle/low load and even having replacements from Palit with the same issue. Just letting you know so you can put them back on sale.

I was very grateful for you agreeing to take them off sale whilst i waited for a replacement though. I'm just concerned there is an inherent fault with a lot of these/about warranty support going forward.

Associate
Don’t suppose anybody on here has any updates on stock coming in? Still not got my 3050 from January drop. Gigabyte non oc eagle

I'd ask in the customer services section. Though ultimately with how some cards got discontinued before restocks in the past and how amd cards are with price/performance now i'd be considering those. Gibbo posted up with a rx6600 at £300, so not a bad deal if you really want a card.

Associate
I'd ask in the customer services section. Though ultimately with how some cards got discontinued before restocks in the past and how amd cards are with price/performance now i'd be considering those. Gibbo posted up with a rx6600 at £300, so not a bad deal if you really want a card.

Was hoping to get the 3050

was just wondering if anyone on here was in the same situation

Been two months now since order :(

Soldato
Guess its just a waiting list?

Did you get a shipping notice when it was en route
Yeah, one or two days before it arrived I think.

Should still be on a waiting list I'd have thought... Customer services probably the best place to get a definitive answer, or maybe drop Gibbo a line as he may know more about any upcoming deliveries for each model and how many people are still in the queue...

Associate

Should still be on a waiting list I'd have thought... Customer services probably the best place to get a definitive answer, or maybe drop Gibbo a line as he may know more about any upcoming deliveries for each model and how many people are still in the queue...

Will do cheers

Just a bit bored of waiting now after spending all that money

Associate

Do forgive the newbie question.... how do i contact gibbo directly on here?

Back
Top Bottom