• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
Like most, I missed out. Got one in my basket elsewhere only for the site to go down before checkout.

I'm wondering if a 6500XT and the price of a PCIE4.0 MB is worth it instead?
Wouldn't it cost similar or more for much less performance?

relative-performance-1920-1080.png

Man of Honour
It did. Some places are reporting more stock tomorrow, but after that piranha fest, I'm not too hopeful.
A GTX 960 4GB and a Ryzen 3400g
A 3050 is a much better upgrade to a 960, than a 6500 on PCI-E 3.0, especially if you can get one, but obviously price is the issue here.

Soldato
One shop is still showing stock, and has been since a short time after 2pm. Not sure whether it's real or not, but then it is a £399 card so maybe it is real.... Either the scalpers have filled their boots, somehow they've not noticed it, the price is too high even for them, or the shop is telling porkies :p.

Edit: ignore, tried adding to basket out of curiosity and it's not actually in stock :p.

OcUK Staff
One shop is still showing stock, and has been since a short time after 2pm. Not sure whether it's real or not, but then it is a £399 card so maybe it is real.... Either the scalpers have filled their boots, somehow they've not noticed it, the price is too high even for them, or the shop is telling porkies :p.

All our £400 and above cards sold out in 5 mins, they either have an error in which case they could be snowed under with orders or they are off the radar or the scalpers have realised these cards aint worth over £400 to anyone. OcUK has 6600 and 2060 in stock for that kind of money.

Soldato
All our £400 and above cards sold out in 5 mins, they either have an error in which case they could be snowed under with orders or they are off the radar or the scalpers have realised these cards aint worth over £400 to anyone. OcUK has 6600 and 2060 in stock for that kind of money.
I tried adding to my basket and it didn't let me, saying all stock is in other customer's baskets - so suspect it's just the shop front being over optimistic. Should have tried that before I said it was in stock!:o

It is crazy to me that the ones over £400 have all sold out too - as you say at that price point there are much better options. Seems like at least some people on auction websites are buying stuff for silly prices though - as I think you've mentioned in another thread it seems like some components are sometimes selling at auction for more than a new one is available for from an actual shop!

Last edited:
Associate
Yep and this is the issue, no matter what we do, we simply cannot win, our online scores have halfed since these GPU launch fiasco, honest people who never got a card and then all the scalpers who had their orders cancelled. It really is a no win situation in many ways for resellers, of course business is good but damn it is very hard work these days as nothing is simple or straight forward like it was a couple of years ago.

Could be worse. You could have been ambushed by a birthday cake. And lie about it

Soldato
Thanks to Gibbo and the team, I've managed to get one of the limited stock Palit GeForce RTX 3050 StormX LHR 8GB at £239.99. Shows it has benefits being part of the forum.

OcUK Staff
On the flip it seems people were waiting for these until they made a decision to buy, just checked our 6500 XT's and we have sold a whopping 134 units so far today, so I guess people are now buying basically what is in stock now the 3050's are all sold out.

Back
Top Bottom