• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
board partners have a tendency to prioritise the higher priced SKUs like the OC models over the non-OC ones, that combined with the story that apparently nvidia rushed the first lot of 3050s out the door to hit the market at the same time as the 6500xt.

Its not very surprising that there is this bit of a gap before some of the cards are getting delivered. But hopefully they won't be too much longer

Soldato
They did say the end of the month, last time I checked the 15th was only the middle of the month :p

I doubt they will be air shipping these so they’ll be coming on a boat which takes 2 weeks plus port time at each end.

Associate
board partners have a tendency to prioritise the higher priced SKUs like the OC models over the non-OC ones, that combined with the story that apparently nvidia rushed the first lot of 3050s out the door to hit the market at the same time as the 6500xt.

Its not very surprising that there is this bit of a gap before some of the cards are getting delivered. But hopefully they won't be too much longer
They did say the end of the month, last time I checked the 15th was only the middle of the month :p

I doubt they will be air shipping these so they’ll be coming on a boat which takes 2 weeks plus port time at each end.
I see I see okay I understand hopefully soon :) noticed they were restocking in the website too!!!

Associate
Neither, am still waiting for my 3050 eagle non oc version confirmed at 14:07:00
Out of curiosity ,by confirmation time do you mean the time it showed you purchased on the order or the time you received the first email saying "Your order have been received". As I have two very different times :p

Associate
Well I mean when I look at my orders it says 14:07:00
Out of curiosity ,by confirmation time do you mean the time it showed you purchased on the order or the time you received the first email saying "Your order have been received". As I have two very different times :p
I check when I purchased it on my orders it says 14:07:00

Associate
Has anyones Palit 3050 started to sag? It's worse in the middle where the cooler clamps onto the PCB. There's no weight on the power cable.

Also the fan started rattleing really load a few days ago but it's not done it since.

Should I be worried?

Would try reseating the heat sink but there's a warranty sticker on one of the screws :mad:

Not sure what to do..

Pic
https://images2.imgbox.com/3a/27/9mnFQU02_o.jpg

Associate
Has anyones Palit 3050 started to sag? It's worse in the middle where the cooler clamps onto the PCB. There's no weight on the power cable.

Also the fan started rattleing really load a few days ago but it's not done it since.

Should I be worried?

Would try reseating the heat sink but there's a warranty sticker on one of the screws :mad:

Not sure what to do..

Pic
https://images2.imgbox.com/3a/27/9mnFQU02_o.jpg

If you install Palit's ThunderMaster program you can set the fan at a fixed speed to see if the noise comes back at a certain RPM.

The sagging is dissapointing but probably nothing to worry about, you can fix it with a small gpu support bracket for under £10.

My 3050 is still in the packet just waiting for my PSU to arrive.

Associate
My current 1050ti has a bit of sag in it after five years and has a similar cooler. But I wouldn't expect that on a card so new.

Doesn't bode well for me as I'm still waiting on the oc.

If you install Palit's ThunderMaster program you can set the fan at a fixed speed to see if the noise comes back at a certain RPM.

The sagging is dissapointing but probably nothing to worry about, you can fix it with a small gpu support bracket for under £10.

My 3050 is still in the packet just waiting for my PSU to arrive.
Maybe sag isn't the right word to describe it. If you look at the line I drew on the photo it's more of a u shape. It bends more in the middle where the heat sink bolts to the PCB as if it's over torqued. Concerned it will effect long term reliability.

Did manually adjust the fan speed when it started rattling, it's was only doing it at a cetain RPM and then the next day it wasn't doing it at all and hasn't since so far.

As you say it's supprising the board is bending this early on especially on a short light card (single fan version).

Thanks for the input, will post in the CS section and see what support think. Maybe they have already had simular cases.

Associate
Maybe sag isn't the right word to describe it. If you look at the line I drew on the photo it's more of a u shape. It bends more in the middle where the heat sink bolts to the PCB as if it's over torqued. Concerned it will effect long term reliability.

Did manually adjust the fan speed when it started rattling, it's was only doing it at a cetain RPM and then the next day it wasn't doing it at all and hasn't since so far.

As you say it's supprising the board is bending this early on especially on a short light card (single fan version).

Thanks for the input, will post in the CS section and see what support think. Maybe they have already had simular cases.

I'm more worried about the fan but you got me curious so I just opened it up to take a look and I think it's similar to yours curved in the middle where the heat sink is bolted, photo attached.

Associate
I'm more worried about the fan but you got me curious so I just opened it up to take a look and I think it's similar to yours curved in the middle where the heat sink is bolted, photo attached.
I asked support and they have reasured me it's normal because of the design of cooler palit have used.

They also said to get a vid if the fan does it again and they will get a replacement GPU sorted. Been using it again today and the fan is still fine.

Last edited:
Associate
I asked support and they have reasured me it's normal because of the design of cooler palit have used.

They also said to get a vid if the fan does it again and they will get a replacement GPU sorted. Been using it again today and the fan is still fine.

I've got mine running yesterday and I tried setting a user defined fan curve in Thundermaster (latest version 4.11) but it's just ignoring it. As soon as the gpu hits 60+ degrees the fan gets very loud.

Ru_

Ru_

Associate
Still getting display driver crashes on this.

Didn't have one display error on my 1050ti, then have them almost every day since introducing this card. Sometimes it recovers, but occasionally just freezes the pc entirely. Has only happened when NOT in a game. Played games for hours at full pelt without a crash.

Assuming it's an idle clock/voltage issue....seems to me it isn't stable at low clocks or when downclocking.

Thinking I might need a replacement/RMA.
I had a similar issue with a Palit RTX3050. I got similar symptoms to you - at least once a day the PC would either freeze and recover with Event ID 4101 in the event viewer, or completely freeze with various different errors in event viewer and reliability history (often error 141, but also sometimes 124). I fixed it by changing the global power management mode to "prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia 3D settings. I haven't had a freeze for 14 days now. It does seem to be an issue with the card transitioning into a lower power state. I also never had a freeze when gaming, only ever when browsing using Chrome. I would RMA it, but I think it's going to be tricky to prove that it's faulty given that it only freezes once a day under light load. I'm on driver version 511.65 - haven't tried the latest ones yet.

Caporegime
I had a similar issue with a Palit RTX3050. I got similar symptoms to you - at least once a day the PC would either freeze and recover with Event ID 4101 in the event viewer, or completely freeze with various different errors in event viewer and reliability history (often error 141, but also sometimes 124). I fixed it by changing the global power management mode to "prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia 3D settings. I haven't had a freeze for 14 days now. It does seem to be an issue with the card transitioning into a lower power state. I also never had a freeze when gaming, only ever when browsing using Chrome. I would RMA it, but I think it's going to be tricky to prove that it's faulty given that it only freezes once a day under light load. I'm on driver version 511.65 - haven't tried the latest ones yet.

Sounds like the exact same issue i am having.

LIke you, i suspect it may be ever so slightly unstable when downclocking/in a lower power state. Like you, i have not had one crash whilst gaming. It has only ever done it doing something not very demanding like opening or closing firefox/looking a settings in windows or something. It also happens about once a week or so so not very frequently at all.

You arent running Asus Armoury Crate are you? I am concerned it may be that as many have reported that can cause the issue. Also, are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Ru_

Ru_

Associate
Sounds like the exact same issue i am having.
You arent running Asus Armoury Crate are you? I am concerned it may be that as many have reported that can cause the issue. Also, are you on Windows 10 or 11?
I'm on Windows 10 and not running Asus Armoury Crate.
Here are a couple more similar reports:
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/t0l5ux/anyone_else_having_issues_with_their_rtx_3050/
https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3050-Random-Freezes-and-black-or-blue-screens-m3525909.aspx

Back
Top Bottom