• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 lower quality capacitor Issue

Associate
IF this actually is the case going from what Jay & Igor said
Causing Crashed because of cheaper quality capacitors being used on these cards causing Crash.
Most cards which are having these issues are with 6 POSCAP
Which means we will have to downclock these cards or most probably future update will do that so what is the case for Pre-orders will that RMA be done by AIB or we can request a replacement card when in stock from Overclockers?

Soldato
IF this actually is the case going from what Jay & Igor said
Causing Crashed because of cheaper quality capacitors being used on these cards causing Crash.
Most cards which are having these issues are with 6 POSCAP
Which means we will have to downclock these cards or most probably future update will do that so what is the case for Pre-orders will that RMA be done by AIB or we can request a replacement card when in stock from Overclockers?

RMA? Unless the manufacturer offers a product recall u highly doubt it. You will 100% Get the advertised boost clock, it just so happens that Nvidia boost technology is pushing the GPU too far. If you receive the card and experience the fault then by all means return it, but don't be surprised if the manufacturer says no fault found.

Associate
OP
RMA? Unless the manufacturer offers a product recall u highly doubt it. You will 100% Get the advertised boost clock, it just so happens that Nvidia boost technology is pushing the GPU too far. If you receive the card and experience the fault then by all means return it, but don't be surprised if the manufacturer says no fault found.
But that's the thing We have 14 Day option to return no question ask ? so Will people RMA the card or return it until as most people know whats the cause of crashes and not stable clock speed. it's not the NVIDIA boost causing the issue, its the quality of the capacitor

Soldato
Just came across this video separately. Someone in the comments said the bigger caps are actually expensive (tantalum), the smaller multiple arrays are cheaper and ceramic based but take longer to.place and install.im production.

The xc3 evga has one array of the ceramics where as pics of the ftw cards have six larger capacitors only which makes no sense.

We shall see as I have a ftw on pre order but I'd consider am Asus perhaps depending on how this pans out.

Plot twist. Nvidia spec is cheap with higher end cards having all tantalum caps:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder will this thread be closed too

I made a thread on percentiles not being a thing or a word. To try to educate people.

First poster was an idiot and derailed the thread completely. I tried to rescue it but mods clearly thought politically incorrect terminology being used and locked the thread before I knew it, bit thought police sometimes the ocuk mods.

Find the thread I'm not even exaggerating. I'm kinda ****** off about tbh in case you can't tell.

Associate
OP
Just came across this video separately. Someone in the comments said the bigger caps are actually expensive (tantalum), the smaller multiple arrays are cheaper and ceramic based but take longer to.place and install.im production.

The xc3 evga has one array of the ceramics where as pics of the ftw cards have six larger capacitors only which makes no sense.

We shall see as I have a ftw on pre order but I'd consider am Asus perhaps depending on how this pans out.
Same boat here on pre order for FTW3 Ultra.
but saw a post where ASUS had also had a mixture of POSCAPS and MLCCS so not really sure. Currently, the safest bet is FE

Soldato
NV FE has two MLCC
EVGA XC3 has one MLCC
Asus TUF six MLCC
Asus Strix six tantalum
EVGA FTW3 six tantalum

Why then, does FTW and Strix have six tantalum each at the higher end of the product/price stack? Maybe that's better and crashing is a different issue?

Maybe it's board design appropriateness rather than better in absolute lay persons terms. I'm no circuit engineer but that Reddit poster who was said they have pros and cons to their attributes and you design them into the circuit depending what you want.

Last edited:
Associate
i have a Gigabyte 3080 gaming oc on order as well but a review from OC3D.net saying that its a fantastic card and was boosting to 2040mhz and was averaging 1975mhz and gave it the best value for money card so wtf is going on :confused: maybe its luck on gatting good card or its bad psu's and systems some people have

Associate
NV FE has two MLCC
EVGA XC3 has one MLCC
Asus TUF six MLCC
Asus Strix six tantalum
EVGA FTW3 six tantalum

Why then, does FTW and Strix have six tantalum each at the higher end of the product/price stack? Maybe that's better and crashing is a different issue?

Early TUF cards might still have 6 of the cheaper POSCAPs. The picture on OCUK show 6 POSCAPs but cards in peoples hands seem to have the others.

https://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/image/thumbnail/GX44HAS_260171_800x800.jpg

So ASUS have changed the design for some reason already. Can't be for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom