• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 temperature concerns

Soldato
They won't know.

Just keep the old pads and not break anything.

Yeah, I know I've never had to return a gpu, but I have kept the original white pads, stuck on a piece of plastic. If I ever need to make a claim I will just stick the old pads back on, as hap hazard as I found them, and send it back.

There are no warranty seals on the FE card :)

Associate
I want to point a fan to my back plate and see what difference I get. Not expecting anything much. But it all helps.
Unless your case have very poor airflow, only increasing the surface, by adding heatsinks to it will allow for some decent gains, but considering the heat is not trapped between the card and the backplate (need thermalpad to allow the heat transfer).
Feeding cool air still king, but the backplate won't benefit as much as the test of the card, at least under memory-intensive scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom