• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 Very low 1% lows

Associate
OP
Is ur gpu on a riser cable?
is ur ram 1 stick of 16gb or 2x 8gb sticks?
did u ddu clean ur drivers?
Not using riser cable. My ram is 2x 8gb sticks, I done a fresh install of windows a few times with new drivers I even did DDU a few times trying different drivers to see if it was a driver issue but no joy, I've got a felling it may be my CPU. My bios is set to default only thing i changed is PBO to disable and set my XMP on is there anything else you can think of I should do in bios for my CPU?

Thanks for helping.

Associate
OP
Do you want to provide an example of what is poor 1% lows for you? Give an example canned benchmark. SoTR or an Assasins Creed game would be good. I can also do Cyberpunk, HZD, LoU, Hitman 3 , Control, Death Stranding etc.

I can try do a like for like comparison.
On BF5 my 0.1% lows are 2 fps and 1% lows are anywhere between 6/15 ish fps but my max fps is around 200 fps as soon as the dips start to happen that's when i get bad stuttering same goes for hell let loose and bf2042

Associate
OP
so what are 0.1% lows like in hell let loose and 2042 out of intrest?, bf5 has always been a problem child, reason i stopped playing it, if that and your other games have dx12 render in the settings and try again.
BF2042 is Not far off the same as BF5 but hell let loose In dx11 only uses 30% of my gpu with very low fps and running the game in dx12 uses more gpu power but its really stuttery same goes for BF5 dx12 mode it stutters like mad

Associate
OP
Only thing that’s running in the background is steam and NZXT Cam to control my pump because my bios won’t adjust my pump speed from silent mode for some reason

Associate
OP
I've uninstalled Cam software and plugged the AIO into the CPU_OPT which is meant for the water cooling pump but it still won't allow me to change the speed of the pump from 800/900 RPM. the only ones that will allow me to change is the system fans that my RAD fans are connected to. Shall I use one of the system fan headers for the pump and see if it lets me change the speed?

Associate
OP
how many ssd's/hdd's have you got connected, it's probally too many drives taking up pcie lanes, x16 2.0 is way to slow for a 40 series card.
I've only got the Samsung drive in the NVME slot above the GPU and a WD_BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 in the bottom slot my motherboard is the Gigabyte X570 GAMING X

Last edited:
Associate
OP
the card shouldn't be that slow with only 2 drives sure it will drop back to x16 3.0, but even gen 3 speeds are better than gen 2.0, i'm not sure what could be causing shuch a slow pcie gen speed.

head back in and change the pcie speed in the bios for the gpu to gen 3, , the sn550 is a older ssd so thats will be gen 3 max, the 980 is a gen 4 so keep that as is.

do you have any other cards installed in any pcie slots?, if so take them out and see if the gpu pcie speed increases
When running Heaven it stays at 4.0 speeds here's my results how does it look?

https://ibb.co/7ngnG8k

Associate
OP
thats score isnt right at all, thats puts you level with a rig rocking a 10900k and a 3080 but thats at 1080p and it beat you with a score of 5458 at 1080p

Here's my other results how do they look?

Associate
OP
they dont look right at all, performance has tailed off a cliff for some reason, the gpu has got a serious bottleneck. cpu's working a treat as minimum fps is tied to cpu in the test.
This was my last run at Fullscreen definitely something wrong not sure what to do. shall I clear my Cmos to see if that helps?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for helping guys.

Here's my hwinfo64 info after a quick game how does it look?

I tried different USB ports for my mouse but no joy could it be my mouse that's the issue I've had it since launch it's the original MX518

Associate
OP
pci link speed of the 4070 is very very low 2344mbs is the effective pcie lane speed, bus interface also at 4%, and 3d was at 31.4% is this idle or when in game

also your m.2's seem very low too, temps are good but a 980 running at 1028mbs and the s550 only at 324mbs something is seroiusly wrong, it pointing to the motherboard at this point

gpu readouts are all looking good, temps power and clocks
This one was during a game of BF5 with HWI running in the background, It's probably my motherboard causing the issue or the latest Bios version has some problems?

https://ibb.co/DGdY0LW

Associate
OP
do u have sam enabled btw or whatever it was that works on nvidia cards with amd setups?
When using rebar it was worse for some reason, My max FPS is great on times but when the lows drop down to less than 10 fps it's unplayable with the stutter's and freezes. only thing I can try again is to go back to win10 and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom