'Russia is seriously running out of cash'

Man of Honour
Hmm Russia conducting massive drills and expansion/reorganisation of its emergency/disaster response units and civil defence :S looks like those at the top are feeling more and more like they are being backed into a corner.

Soldato
Hmm Russia conducting massive drills and expansion/reorganisation of its emergency/disaster response units and civil defence :S looks like those at the top are feeling more and more like they are being backed into a corner.

There is nothing the Russian leaders fear more then prolonged periods of hunger and it has been two long years of hunger so far.

Caporegime
There is nothing the Russian leaders fear more then prolonged periods of hunger and it has been two long years of hunger so far.

Hunger?

Pfft, there is no famine or serious shortage of food going on yet.

Unlike perhaps the UK where 1 ********* brings the nation to its knees, Russians tend to be a bit less skittish... Regardless it looks like Russia is unprepared to back down to any US action against them, including the halting of START treaty, somewhat we are getting dangerously close to casus belli.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hunger?

Unlike perhaps the UK where 1 ********* brings the nation to its knees, Russians tend to be a bit less skittish... Regardless it looks like Russia is unprepared to back down to any US action against them, including the halting of START treaty, somewhat we are getting dangerously close to casus belli.

I'm certainly not liking the way things are looking. I expect nothing will come of it but some brinkmanship but still if it comes to it Russia currently is far more prepared - complacency could end up being costly for the west.

Caporegime

The west has just done the same though.

Germany for one if you remember the recent anouncement that people should stockpile food

West is also preparing militarily for global warming

Man of Honour
The west has just done the same though.

Germany for one if you remember the recent anouncement that people should stockpile food

West is also preparing militarily for global warming

Yeah but what Russia is doing is beyond the German announcement and the little disaster drills we've done here, etc. - carrying out large scale disaster drills that supposedly are going to scale upto large civilian drills (more like the US in the 70s, etc.) and significant investment in equipment. Not sure how much is sabre rattling mind.

Soldato
Apparently 40 million civilians, 200,000 emergency rescuers and 50,000 units of equipment are involved in the war game. I can't get my head around the sheer logistics involved in shunting 40 million civilians around.

Soldato
Hunger?

I've already been through this with lolzethor. I was in Russia a few months ago, last year and the year before. All the supermarkets are fully stocked, even little village ones. Plus there is Finnish supermarket Prizma there despite so called EU sanctions :D I remember on Question Time last year some delirious woman in the audience said sanctions are working because Moscow hasn't got bananas... Yet the village shop had 5000 of them :D

Caporegime
Yeah but what Russia is doing is beyond the German announcement and the little disaster drills we've done here, etc. - carrying out large scale disaster drills that supposedly are going to scale upto large civilian drills (more like the US in the 70s, etc.) and significant investment in equipment. Not sure how much is sabre rattling mind.

So updating systems that are nearly 50 years out of date?

Seems sensible.

We're about to engage in huge joint military drills including the first head to head of unmanned ship/air drones vs human manned vessels

Caporegime
Apparently 40 million civilians, 200,000 emergency rescuers and 50,000 units of equipment are involved in the war game. I can't get my head around the sheer logistics involved in shunting 40 million civilians around.

Define involved?

Cause they might simply be counting everyone in a city/area with a "curfew" for a night

Man of Honour
Define involved?

Cause they might simply be counting everyone in a city/area with a "curfew" for a night

In terms of the "40 million" seems to be studying how people respond to the ongoing drills (which are being carried out by a large number of trained personnel) and handing out info packs, talks in schools, etc.

Soldato
Zethor, we are dangerously low on pigs in blankets, plz send EU aid and we will turn into used car salesmen :D

NUsH43RAspA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom