Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2018, Sochi - Race 16/21

Rate the 2018 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Why does Putin not talk to Vettel or Bottas?

Because he's obviously only interested in the winner, plus probably knows nothing about or takes much interest in Formula 1, especially as the cars don't carry nuclear weapons.

I've got to say, Vettel is coming across a lot more mature in his after race reactions, always smiling and not looking like the spoilt brat throwing his toys out like he used to. He's clearly resigned to the fact that Ferrari are not really in this anymore.

Soldato
I think the rule about not moving across more than once to prevent someone overtaking you is ridiculous. It's like telling a boxer he's not allowed to defend himself more than once per round. Why doesn't the FIA just let drivers race and do whatever it takes to defend their position.

Soldato
When did team orders become allowable again? I swear they were banned a few years ago.

They were reinstated after a couple of years, because it was impossible to police the rule, and teams did it anyway. The teams wanted it, because it's part of the tactics they can use to win races and championships.

Soldato
I think the rule about not moving across more than once to prevent someone overtaking you is ridiculous. It's like telling a boxer he's not allowed to defend himself more than once per round. Why doesn't the FIA just let drivers race and do whatever it takes to defend their position.

Because people will die with cars weaving all over the road at high speed on the straights, or into braking zones. Combined with the aero problems of overtaking the car in front, you'd never see an overtake unless the overtaking car was massively faster.

In the end it was as much about promoting overtaking as it was safety.

Caporegime

It's more like telling the boxer they're not allowed to just headbutt people. The rule is in place mostly because it's ridiculously dangerous otherwise, although there's a small element of helping racing also.

What is ridiculous is that they only penalise people for it so rarely.

Associate
Because people will die with cars weaving all over the road at high speed on the straights, or into braking zones. Combined with the aero problems of overtaking the car in front, you'd never see an overtake unless the overtaking car was massively faster.

In the end it was as much about promoting overtaking as it was safety.

Gilles Villeneuve, Mark Webber, Jeff Krossnoff?

None of the above were as a result of intentional blocking moves...

Man of Honour
I've got to say, Vettel is coming across a lot more mature in his after race reactions, always smiling and not looking like the spoilt brat throwing his toys out like he used to. He's clearly resigned to the fact that Ferrari are not really in this anymore.

Vettel is coming across completely deflated.

When did team orders become allowable again? I swear they were banned a few years ago.

I can’t remember, but it was either Ferrari or red bull who used them and they became legal again. Never been a fan myself and most drivers ignore them anyway - I especially hate it when the drivers openly call for them.

I doubt Bottas is too bothered, he has secured a very nice future with Mercedes and Hamilton will return the favour later on.

Permabanned
On the podium, Sebastian was laughing at the Mercedes people lol haha

I doubt Bottas is too bothered, he has secured a very nice future with Mercedes and Hamilton will return the favour later on.

Yes, the future of a support driver who will always play a second guitar. Not nice, except the money :D
The favour will never be returned.

Man of Honour
Yes, the future of a support driver who will always play a second guitar. Not nice, except the money :D

I wouldn’t say no to the money or all the benefits of being with Mercedes. If he wants it he has to drive this quickly at every track. Sure, luck hasn’t been on his side, but he has been so far off the pace and unable to overtake too many times this year.

Associate
I wouldn’t say no to the money or all the benefits of being with Mercedes. If he wants it he has to drive this quickly at every track. Sure, luck hasn’t been on his side, but he has been so far off the pace and unable to overtake too many times this year.

He is in a good position for next year.
Needs to do better than this year but most drivers would swap places.

Back
Top Bottom