RWGmobile - Free monthly usage for light users.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Unfortunately although the RWGMobile free and £1 deal are great their charges for more calls and data allowance are not competitive.

It's ideal for light users and for young kids. Got 2 sims for my two kids. And it does their needs.

Soldato
I'm now ported over no problems and I know to check your remaining data you text info ukrwg0 to 669 but how do you check remaining mins / texts?

Thank you

Man of Honour
Tempted to switch to these after my EE bill crept up to over £40 a month (with £5.50 BT Sport). I can just use my work SIM which is on Vodafone on data and then get the Basic plan or an even cheaper one, then pay BT the £30 a month for BT Sport, it'll work out cheaper.

Soldato
Bumping the thread as i'm looking to move one of my contracts to RWG, mostly because it'll be on EE rather than Three which is a bit pants here.

But was just wondering if anyone who uses RWG have had any issues, particularly with call quality or slow data throughput (Three gives be around 10mbps unless in a town/city)?

And do they support VoWifi/Wifi calling?
Heard 5G and VoLTE were on the cards (might have been enabled now) but can't find if wifi calling is enabled or not.

Man of Honour
Bumping the thread as i'm looking to move one of my contracts to RWG, mostly because it'll be on EE rather than Three which is a bit pants here.

But was just wondering if anyone who uses RWG have had any issues, particularly with call quality or slow data throughput (Three gives be around 10mbps unless in a town/city)?

Heard 5G and VoLTE were on the cards (might have been enabled now) but can't find if wifi calling is enabled or not.
I gave them a miss after reading some scathing reviews. I went with O2 as part of a Virgin Media deal, and O2 are atrocious so it might not have been as bad as I expected with RwG!

Associate
Depends what you're after. RWG are based on the Now network (which itself is on EE). Just done a speed test now and got 3Mbps up, 77ms. Not great speed, but given the price it's reasonable imo.

My main concern, and the reason I've still using 2 SIMs rather than porting my main number from O2 is that the company itself seems to be shrinking. Support team used to be larger, but now seems to be 1 man, Tim, responding to tickets. They don't answer phone, but Tim does answer emails and FB posts fairly quickly (within 2 days) in my experience. On company registrar, their holdings are reducing year over year and debt increasing. Not sure what this means in reality, but doesn't seem healthy.

So service and support are decent, price is great, but longterm outlook of company I'm unsure (y)

Associate

I've got five of their SIMs - three of the free ones, one 2gb per month in the car and one 5gb + unlimited calls/SMS in a tablet. The tablet does get 5g but WiFi calling isn't enabled. I wouldn't use them for my mainphone as I rely on WiFI calling at home.

Soldato
When I left EE but wanted to stay on their network I looked at RWG but was put off by the lack of 5G & VoLTE support indicating they don't have access to all of EE's bands.

Reviews aren't great either and my experience with my free sim felt a bit cludge.

Went with 1pmobile instead and the service has been flawless (so far)

Soldato
Have a RWG SIM in my second phone which gets minimal, but enough, usage.

Contacted support on the 19th August notifying them that the data connection had not been working for over a week. It's still not been resolved.

Support is pretty dire so I wouldn't go near them for my primary phone.

Soldato
Update. Sent to them an email on the 4th September asking whether I would get a better result chasing the matter on Facebook or Twitter.

They've just got back to me offering a SIM swop to see if it cures the problem. Yeah, stay well away for anything important.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update. SIM never arrived and now can't make or receive calls either. Phone says 'SIM not provisioned'.

Update. SIM arrived (Monday) and have asked them to move my number over. I'm estimating a month?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom